We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Los Pajaros on La Ropa Beach Zihuatanejo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Berkshire
Level Contributor
638 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Los Pajaros on La Ropa Beach Zihuatanejo

Found this rental on homeaway.com and wondered if anybody knows any up to date info about it.

There was a short thread a couple of years ago but it ground to a halt.

Paradise properties advertise it too but with little info.

Is it still a rental and if so where is it located re. Distance from local restaurants and also el centro?

Cheers!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Los Pajaros on La Ropa Beach Zihuatanejo

It is here...alive and well. It is on La Ropa....I mean RIGHT on the beach. On the street side, it is just past the parking lot for restaurant La Perla...also on the beach. There are many restaurants to choose from on La Ropa and in the neighbourhood. You are approx. 20 minute walk to centro, or a very short bus or taxi ride. I live on the same street. What else would you like to know?

West Vancouver...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Los Pajaros on La Ropa Beach Zihuatanejo

We are also thinking of renting this place, but I'm a bit nervous because I can't find one single review online from anyone who has ever stayed there. And Paradise Properties is asking for several thousand as a deposit upfront to be sent to a bank account in the US. Does anyone know if this place is legit? Is Paradise Properties legit? Would really like to hear from someone who has actually stayed here? Thanks, Wendy

Berkshire
Level Contributor
638 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Los Pajaros on La Ropa Beach Zihuatanejo

Thanks Linda for the helpful info re. Casa Pajaros...it certainly seems to be a desirable rental property...BUT as wbfromwv suggests there is something kind of odd about this place; it would really help if one or two folks who have rented it would come forward or if some link to the owner could be posted. Most villa rentals have their own website as well as advertising on vrbo, homeaway etc etc...Pajaros doesn't as far as I can see.

Thanks again for the useful location points!!

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Los Pajaros on La Ropa Beach Zihuatanejo

Paradise properties website has been up and running since 2001 and the business even longer . I've had no dealings with them but many have for years . It's not unusual in Zihua for really nice lodgings to be solely represented or not represented at all and even without websites in many cases with family run businesses .

You are wise to seek endorsements about agents because there was a fraudulent operator a while back that simply copied and pasted other peoples listings from multiple sites and added his own "virtual" lodgings and kept the deposits in Ixtapa and other cities .

There is currently a major problem discussed on the Playa Del Carmen TA forum in a high visibility/high use condo right on the beach . The condo management company was fired for financial wrongdoing by the condo owners and the customers have so far , and likely for good , lost their deposits . The management company was blamed and the condo owners did not , for the most part , honour the old bookings .

You won't have these issues with Paradise Properties .

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Los Pajaros on La Ropa Beach Zihuatanejo

I have rented a condo twice through Paradise Properties and would do so again. I received great service and had no problem getting my security deposit back. This is Rob's (the owner of www.zihuatanejo.net) mothers business.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Los Pajaros on La Ropa Beach Zihuatanejo

From what I have seen, not too many people rent this property- at least I haven't seen very many there...of course I don't see everything! I think it is one of the most amazing locations in Zihua- there is NO other private house right on the beach. As has been said, you shouldn't have any problem with Paradise Properties- however I do know from experience that Judith doesn't always answer emails promptly, or at all. If I were doing business with her, it would be by phone.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Los Pajaros on La Ropa Beach Zihuatanejo

Perhaps the owners live there most of the time and therefore do not rent it out very often? Just because there is not alot of info onlline about the property may be due to other reasons.

Judith has ALWAYS answered my emails promptly and my phone calls also. You can phone her directly in Z, just like calling a US number (it is on her Paradise Properties website). Also have transfered money to Judith many times and she is a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended that you contact Judith for more info!

Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Los Pajaros on La Ropa Beach Zihuatanejo

what can I say ,,,, it is amazing!!!! my family and I have stayed there twice in the last two years and it is our family favorite! right on the beach... many restaurants on the beach to walk to… Take a taxi or the bus to town great location for everything… Walk to Los Gatos or take the boat ride from town. The house is very comfortable good AC, beautiful private pool, lanai and lawn area great housekeeper with daily cooking and cleaning if you want... I have to admit I never wanted to leave a reply on trip advisor because It was kind of our hidden secret but I'll just let you know you won't be disappointed!!!

9. Re: Casa Los Pajaros on La Ropa Beach Zihuatanejo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:08 am, January 17, 2015
Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Los Pajaros on La Ropa Beach Zihuatanejo

we all have to start somewhere... no need to get mean!

i just thought i would share because our family really enjoyed this place,,, right on the beach, very comfortable good ac, wifi, daily house cleaning, nice property care-takers eva is a wonderful cook, (even does the dishes) :) we paid ahead and they even got our groceries for the week. i just found them on vrbo, i do not know how long they have been there but it will for sure make the booking easy.

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo