We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public tennis courts

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Public tennis courts

My dad is an avid tennis player and would like to play when we are in Zihuatanejo in July. When i searched on this forum i didnt see that current of thread on this topic. My questions are... 1) are the majority of the courts clay or hardcourt? 2) are there any public courts or racquet clubs available? 3) can we pay a fee and play at one of the resorts if we are not staying there? We are staying in a condo on la ropa beach but don't mind traveling to ixtapa if necessary. Thank you for your help

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
732 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public tennis courts

Palma Real golf club in Ixtapa has a tennis club available to all for a fee. I dont know what surface or the fee.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public tennis courts

Not sure if these prices are current for Palma Real...but this is showing up on a website of their's...

Tennis court fees:

(per court per hour) - 40 pesos,

AFTER 7:00 PM: 80 pesos

The Marina Golf course also has 2 tennis courts...might want to send them an email for rates.

Many of the hotels in Ixtapa have tennis courts...but since most of them went all inclusive, you would need to send an email to them to see if you could come and play there. Barcelo, Sunscape Dorado Pacifico, Emporio, Azul, Qualton, etc.

San Diego
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public tennis courts

Thankyou

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public tennis courts

Molly...this is better information...seems more inline with costs!!

Club de Golf Palma Real has four Tennis courts and two Paddle courts for day and night games. From US$17.00 to US$50.00 per hour depending on season, day of the week and time of day. The higher rates apply in evenings and night.

Some hotels rent their courts for public use even though you may not be a guest there. Rates from US$20.00 to US$60.00 per hour approx. They usually require a previous reservation.

5. Re: Public tennis courts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 25, 2014