We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting In Mexico City

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lynbrook, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting In Mexico City

We’ve only flown through Mexico City once, so please refresh my memory. We are leaving from JFK but once we are in Mexico City, do we pick up our luggage, go through customs and re check for our connecting flight to Zih? Or does our luggage travel straight through?

25 hours till boarding time!!!!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting In Mexico City

We traveled to Cancun through Mexico City in October. Once we arrived in Cancun we had to go through Immigrations, then pick up our luggage and go through Customs.

Once outside the Customs area we found a porter who spoke English & he directed us upstairs to a ticketing area, where we rechecked our bags. We then had to go through security to get to our gate.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting In Mexico City

I think this poster means "once we arrived in Mexico City." Yes, immigration, claim your bags, recheck, security, you're done. Just follow the crowds. But once you arrive in Zihua, claim your bags and go!

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting In Mexico City

Yes you now do both Customs & Immigration in MC.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting In Mexico City

Sorry, I did mean MEXICO CITY, not Cancun.

Lynbrook, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Connecting In Mexico City

Thank you!!

6. Re: Connecting In Mexico City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 17, 2014