We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies - your recommendations.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
PDX
3 posts
Save Topic
Ladies - your recommendations.

Help! I am looking forward to a warm dry getaway from PDX next winter for a month or so. . I have narrowed it down to Zihua because of beaches, snorkeleing, kayaking, atmosphere. Looking for safe quiet clean environment to stay close to beaches for a female, over 50, active person. Luxury not needed. Also interested in possible art classes, spanish classes. (already have some Spanish - and art too.)

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ladies - your recommendations.

we met a lady who does private spanish lessons....she's traveling herself at the moment, but i can get contact information for you if you'd like!

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ladies - your recommendations.

i have to admit...i have no idea where PDX might be in the world...

PDX
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ladies - your recommendations.

PDX is Portland Oregon. Visit our beautiful city in the summer; in the winter you will find folks like me wherever it is warm and dry!

I was thinking of some kind of spanish school where they build in some escursions etc.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ladies - your recommendations.

Must disagree with you HonoraK1. I have visited Portland all times of the year finding it a lovely & fascinating place to visit when ever. One of my Favorites!

5. Re: Ladies - your recommendations.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:04 pm, May 09, 2006
6. Re: Ladies - your recommendations.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:05 pm, May 09, 2006
PDX
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ladies - your recommendations.

Not trying to start a debate about PDX - the only U.S. city I would consider living in. Visit it anytime! But it is not a tropical beachfront and thus locals wander off to warm dry places in the winter and stay home in the warm dry summer..

I see several replies to my post were deleted. Angry PDX supporters? Or have I really been totally misunderstood? I am not looking for the singles scene and/or a roommmate of any gender! To repeat; 50 plus active woman seeking recommendations for quiet, safe, pleasant accomodations near beach next winter for 1 month in Zihuatenejo. also art/spanish classes.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ladies - your recommendations.

Honor nobodies upset with you just some crazies that show up on occasion were deleted. Lots of little apartments/rooms/bungalows Etc to stay at. Check out Suites Mangos for a nice little secure bungalow that will run you about 800 USD a month. Or I especially like Hotel Solima,r nice apartments with full kitchens very secure in a nice area. Very Clean with a lovely pool & the Nicest English speaking family running it. Both abut 10 minute stroll to beach or El Central. Spanish lessons go to Casa Café. Great tutor there. Art lessons the Museums or some of the art stores. Relax! Enjoy! & Have a great Time!

9. Re: Ladies - your recommendations.

Removed on: 6:42 am, May 10, 2006