We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a reasonable place to stay 3 days.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
69 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for a reasonable place to stay 3 days.

Have never been to zihuatanejo before. Acapulco many times.

Looking for a small place to stay for about 3 days does not have to be fancy!.

We are flying there and taking bus to Acapulco.

Will need a place to stay on way back to get our flight from there.

Thought we would stay for 3 days and look over the town.

Heard so many good things. Will be in Aca 2 months. Leaving for Z about the 28th of Feb.

Any suggestions would be appreciated ..Thanks

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a reasonable place to stay 3 days.

Well if you read this forum, you will know that I will recommend Casa Adriana. Beautiful view of the bay, kitchens on balconies, short stroll to centro, down the steps to Playa La Madera- lots of restaurants in La Madera & centro. You can contact Lucy at casa_adriana@yahoo.com You can also see their website at http://www.casaadriana.com.mx and check them out on face as well. This is my favorite place in Zihua. If I didn't live in my own condo, I would live there!

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a reasonable place to stay 3 days.

Dependng on budget I highly recommend Solimar Suites. Large apartments with kitchenettes, separate bedrooms, daily maid service, balconies, pool, AC, Cable & Wifi. Very Very Secure. Not on the beach but only a 5 minute stroll away. Overlooks a small park in a nice residential area. Well under $100 per night.

In El Centro lots of places for 300 pesos or less. Vic-Mar a bare bones place near Kioto Plaza with hot water & private bath but not much else about 200 pesos.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a reasonable place to stay 3 days.

There are lots of choices- just depends on your preferences.

henderson
Level Contributor
787 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a reasonable place to stay 3 days.

when you say "small place" do you mean a small property as in hotel or a small place as in an apt??

if it's a small hotel you are looking for I would suggest either Hotel Irma or the CASA sun and Moon that overlook Madera beach. Close to town and lots of dining near by and a quick walk down the steps to Madera beach or a walk to La ropa Beach will take about 15-20 minutes.

other small hotel suggestions Villa Mexicana right on Laropa beach. Great views lots of dining right there or next door in both directions...or overlooking Laropa at Hotel Catalina.

These are small properties...good budget places. Good luck w/ your research. Enjoy your first time in Zihua it is a neat place to check out.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
69 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for a reasonable place to stay 3 days.

Thanks for all the help. we are looking for a cheaper hotel room for the 3 nites. Will check all these out.

Anxious to check out the town of zihua. Heard so many good things..

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for a reasonable place to stay 3 days.

In that case, check Hotel Sussie right in downtown Zihua. You'll be walking distance to most everything and get the flavor of a great little town.

7. Re: Suggestions for a reasonable place to stay 3 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 12, 2013