We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the bay clean?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
195 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Is the bay clean?

I remember last summer there was some concern over a ruptured sewage pipe leaking into the bay. How is that situation now?

We'll be in Zih in two days!!! (Can you tell I'm a little excited?)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is the bay clean?

I'm going there in October for my honeymoon?Is this a constant problem because every person I talked to about this place has loved it.

12. Re: Is the bay clean?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:42 am, October 01, 2006
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is the bay clean?

Thank you very much. I appreciate the response and explanation. As of right now we are looking to stay at Hotel Casa Don Francisco and maybe splitting time with another place right on the beach. Not sure where yet but have looked at Villa Del Sol and others.

14. Re: Is the bay clean?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 am, May 10, 2006
15. Re: Is the bay clean?

Removed on: 6:44 am, May 10, 2006
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is the bay clean?

Well thanks for your advice. Someone just tell me if you think the water will be a mess in October. That would not make for a great Honeymoon.

17. Re: Is the bay clean?

Removed on: 6:22 pm, May 10, 2006
Missouri
Level Contributor
191 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Is the bay clean?

We just returned from staying at the Brisas Del Mar and the first day we arrived April 30th the beach had a little bit of trash but the next morning they were out cleaning the beach and the beach was clean the rest of the week. We played in the beach in front of the hotel, La Ropa and Los Gatos and they were fine. If you are expecting the type of beaches of the Gulf of Mexico or Carribean it isn't the same but the benefits of the wonderful people of Zihua make it a wonderful vacation spot.

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo