We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cooking classes

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
40 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
cooking classes

Are there any cooking classes I can take? I enjoy cooking and would like to learn some authentic Mexican cooking.

What about horseback riding?

What are the crowds and weather like in early June?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,830 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cooking classes

The lady that runs the Cilantro restaurant does some cooking classes...but you will be coming down in the off season...and don't think she offers them during that period. Horseback riding is available year round...

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
40 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cooking classes

Why is June considered off-season.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,830 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cooking classes

No people...makes it off season. July and August are highest season, followed by Easter and Christmas...then high season is when it is snowing in the USA and Canada...we fill up the place from mid Decmber to Easter each winter...

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
40 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cooking classes

I appreciate the information. Have enjoyed reading comments on the forum and we are really looking forward to our first visit there. We went to Cancun a couple of years ago so we are anxious to see what the other side of Mexico is like.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,830 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cooking classes

I hope you love "my" side of Mexico. I have lived and worked in all of the major vacation areas and have chosen Zihua as my second home. I love the people, the climate and find it just small enough yet with everything that I need to be comfortable. Go and just enjoy. Each area has its speciality and I think that Zihua has the people that make it so special...not as many shops as Cancun and PDC...but the people are so warm and full of smiles. I always wonder how they can smile most days because they are so poor...but they struggle and go on and always with a smile.

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo