We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WOW - Brisas del mar rates went up

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Seattle
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
WOW - Brisas del mar rates went up

So now I'm wondering do I want to spend $200 a night there or is there anything comparable on La Ropa?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,193 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WOW - Brisas del mar rates went up

Interesting how all the rates seem to be going up big time here...had a bad winter so guess they need to make up for it in the coming months and next winter. Never have figured out their math...Got nice beautiful villas with living room and kitchen open aired and bedroom either open aired or closed off with airconditioning for less...and lots bigger and nicer. Check on their math...Apartments just went stupid here too on prices...hard to justify a doubling in my rent when there are only 2 of us in a building of 9 apartments...WAY TO GO!!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: WOW - Brisas del mar rates went up

My wife and I just got back from a week at BDM. The customer service and attention to detail was worth every peso we spent. Their willingness to help fulfilled all our entire vacation.

Our room, view, amenities and location to the pool and beach were all perfect! La Madera might not be as clear as La Ropa, but the location to town and the restaurants nearby can't be beat.

We would not hesitate to go back! Thanks BDM!

Missouri
Level Contributor
191 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WOW - Brisas del mar rates went up

Sammwm, glad to hear you had a great time and looking forward to your review. Couple of questions about Brisa. I know you had said they didn't allow you to take out the stocked items, did it allow room for your own items and was there an in-room safe? If you get a chance would you give a list of restaurants and whether they were good or not? Did you do a sunset cruise? We are still counting the days before we go. Another question, what transportation did you use to and from the airport and how much was it? Thanks for your help.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: WOW - Brisas del mar rates went up

They stock the mini-fridge with soda and water to purchase. BDM supplied us with 2 free small bottles of water each day. Using discretion, we just went across the street to the little store and bought items and put them in the fridge. There was enough extra room for about a 12pk.

We used the in-room safe daily. The instructions to set the code in on the safe door.

We didn't take a sunset cruise. We found that experiencing the sunsets from our jacuzzi on our private deck was more romantic.

I contacted BDM to make arrangements for someone to receive us at the airport. It was the same 300 pesos ($30) as if we just caught a taxi.

I will post our trip and restaurant experiences tomorrow night.

Missouri
Level Contributor
191 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WOW - Brisas del mar rates went up

Thank you Sammwm.

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo