We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great (Must Do) Places to Eat in Zihuatanejo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Great (Must Do) Places to Eat in Zihuatanejo

Just returned from yet another wonderful trip in Zihua. Here are some great new places we discovered to eat and enjoy! These are all within 1/2 block from pier.

*Los Briseros - 150 different, delicious Mexican menu items and inexpensive

*Rick's Bar - traditional American fare including a great burger and homemade potato salad - awesome breakfasts, great ambience, gracious host.

*Don Memo's - Italian food - if you're craving pasta this is the place! Inexpensive

*Canta Mar - excellent for lunch

*Pizza Nervona - awesome spinach/artichoke pizza

*La Casa Cafe - run by Lorna & Pedro - best coffee in Zihua and excellent breakfasts! (near Brisas del Mar hotel)

*El Buen Gusto - bakery with awesome fresh pastries, muffins

In Ixtapa:

You can't go to Ixtapa without going to the German Bakery & Restaurant (aka Golden Cookie Shop) in Los Patios 2nd floor. Find this place. It's awesome! Try the house specialty of banana nut pankcakes and fresh orange juice. You also meet some great people at the breakfast table.

Enjoy your stay in Zihua - I'll definitely back to "Another Day in Paradise"

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,059 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great (Must Do) Places to Eat in Zihuatanejo

Looks like you missed all of the places on my list! Next time you need to go to the local places! We have lots of fun!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
9 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great (Must Do) Places to Eat in Zihuatanejo

I have never been to Zihua, but my brother and I are talking about a surtprice visit to see our aunt who lives there half the year.

NO IDEA where to stay...I am trying to plan this on a budget. Most of what I see on the internet are $300 honeymoon hotels, not my style. Any recommendations?

3. Re: Great (Must Do) Places to Eat in Zihuatanejo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:34 am, March 17, 2006
Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great (Must Do) Places to Eat in Zihuatanejo

TravelJudy - what great places to eat did we miss our trip to Zihuat? I'd like to add them to our list for our next visit?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
9 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great (Must Do) Places to Eat in Zihuatanejo

TravelJudy, you may be the answer to my challenge, I hope. Someone near and dear to me, she spends 6 months a year in Zih, and my brother and I want to travel down for 3-4 days and pay her a surprise visit. Perhaps in April. Guitar week (March 25 - April 1) would be great, but not sure if it's high season, we may not be able to get a room anywhere.

The reviews on the internet are rather mixed, especially for a budget-conscious guy like me. And I've had some ah "memorable" experiences in reserving hotels over the internet. Tell me, would it be OK if I asked you for specific recomendations? And how do you contact these people? Are you in the travel business? Pat - eustexas@lycos.com

Minnesota
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Great (Must Do) Places to Eat in Zihuatanejo

Where have you stayed when you are in Zihua? What is your favorite.

Chicago
Level Contributor
200 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great (Must Do) Places to Eat in Zihuatanejo

Travel Judy - are you the Judy that handles reservations at Brisas del Mar? If so, how soon should I book for late December/early January? Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo