We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zihuatanejo- brisas del mar

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
zihuatanejo- brisas del mar

any comments good or bad? are the balconies private? bathrooms nice?clean? we are hoping for a romantic vacation and plan on visiting the other nicer beaches but want to know if this hotel is worth being away from playa la ropa. P.s has anyone experienced bad weather in january?

Fergus Falls, MN
Level Contributor
99 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: zihuatanejo- brisas del mar

I don't know this hotel very well - I suggest you visit www.zihuatanejo.net/ and go to the message board there. Use the search engine and you'll find recent and relevant commentaries from people who have been there. Or, just post your questions. Good luck!

san francisco, CA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: zihuatanejo- brisas del mar

We stayed there and rented three rooms for about 8 people. We weren't looking for super nice accomodations, and we found this a great value. Also, the beach is fabulous and very good for swimming. I didn't think the restaurant was very good, so we walked into Zihua most nights for dinner. The location is great if you want to explore the town a lot. All in all, it was a good experience and a good value for the money.

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: zihuatanejo- brisas del mar

This hotel is providing upscale service for those who can't afford Casa Que Canta. It is worlds above Villas Mexicana and Casa del Mar, offering two bars, pool, beauty parlor and massage, boutique; the rooms are luxurious with all those little amenities that distinguishes the luxury from the ecnonomy. The balconies are indeed private and look down on Playa Madera. The fish is the best I've ever eatten in Zihuatanejo, and was written up by GQ Magazine last spring; the salad and creme brulee are sensational. The restaurant is called Le Bistro and it is on the internetl

It is true that the sand isn't white like La Ropa, but then there are more locals fishing, playing soccoor, and bathing, which is enjoyable to watch; and it is an pleasant 8 minute walk into town along the "andador" or boardwalk, where as it is 25-45 minutes walk from La Ropa.

There is a cybercafe "BAD BIRD CAFE" across the street which offers free PC and Macintosh use with breakfast, and ability to hook up your laptop to their ethernet. There is also a good little market next to BAd Bird Cafe.

Bad weather in January? I remember it rained once.

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo