We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Club Intrawest

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Club Intrawest

Booked Intrawest for October. A few questions, if you don't mind. We booked a 1 bedroom vista.

1) Is there a specific building/floor/room we should request? We'd like the best view possible and a hammock. Is higher better?

2) Does "above and beyond" tipping help? I'm not afraid to tip a little extra if it helps.

3) Is the meal plan worth it ($54 per person includes one breakfast and one dinner)?

4) Best way to get from the airport to the hotel?

Thank you in advance for your help. Feel free to email me if you'd rather.

houston texasaspen
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Club Intrawest

I have not stayed there but I have been to Zuiha many times and stayed down the beach at the Catalina.There are so many good resturants in ZIhua that I would not take any kind of meal plan .One of the best things about it is going to the different resturants,There are resturants up and down the beach that serve really good breakfasts.You can eat at a different one every day and it is an easy stroll from your hotel.The easiest way to get to and from the airport is by taxi.

Vancouver
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Club Intrawest

I have stayed at the Club - it is great. It would depend what you want to be close to. I would ask for a 1 bedroom close to the pool and then they all have great views. The resort is built on the side of the hill - i have been there 4 times and never had a bad view.

2. don't know what they mean but we do tip the maids etc

3. i have not bought the meal plan. Food is good but i prefer to have the option to go other places. Most of the people who i have met who bought the meal plan thought there was just too much food. you can always go to the restaurants. the lunch around the pool is good.

4. The club can arrange to meet you at the airport with a taxi. Or you can get in a taxi and ask to go to the Club. Cost if they meet you is a bit more - i think US$40 vs US$30 but we have done is ask them to stop at the grocery store so we can do a 10min grocery run on the way to the club. this works better if you ask the Club to meet you because they will have the driver stop.

Hope that helps

Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Club Intrawest

Hi

we have booked for October 16-25, 2007. I have the same questions as you! I think we are going to opt out of the meal plan, and we too have a one bedroom vista! Are you there at the same time? We are from Vancouver Canada (White Rock) and have our 7 year old son with us.

ctmom2
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Club Intrawest

I'd like to add 2 more intrawest questions-

- I notice that the property is built up a hill. How many steps are there down to the beach? My husband is not great with steps due to an injury.

- I hate to ask this one - Are there internet connections in the unit?

Thanks.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,898 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Club Intrawest

The entire property is walking and steps...no elevators. They will take you around sort of in a golf cart...but you still have to get to the cart...It isn't for anyone who has walking problems. There is a internet room where you can go and use the computers...and also bring yours...they did not have room connections unless they are putting them in now...there was talk about it this winter.

6. Re: Questions about Club Intrawest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, September 04, 2009