We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electronic Immigration Form

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Electronic Immigration Form

Just wondering if anyone has used the electronic immigration form lately. I know there were some replies early on that there were a few problems leaving Mexico with these. Hope they have the bugs worked out. Thanks

118 replies to this topic
Crystal Beach, Texas
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Electronic Immigration Form

I haven't tried it yet. I was very interested at first, but after seeing the list of difficulties, I decided to wait until the kinks are all worked out. The last thing I ever want to do is cause a hassle, be it coming in or going out. I think it should be great when it gets going. I really like the kiosks in IAH that we use now at customs. It really does seem to save time.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,170 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Electronic Immigration Form

I wouldn't say there is a list of difficulties. You can complete the form online within 30 days of your departure date. No issues for me entering the country - stamp, stamp - you get your half, they keep the other.

The only issue has been with leaving (both times with WestJet); you have to go the customs booth in the departure area and switch out your paper copy for the normal one. Both times it took about 5 minutes.

Both times, WestJet indicated that they have not received notice that they can accept the electronic form to exit the country.

I'll try it again next trip and see what happens.

Keswick, Canada
Level Contributor
839 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Electronic Immigration Form

When is your next trip MarJPV? I'm flying Westjet December 30 so would be nice to know they are getting on board finally!

Longmont, Colorado
Level Contributor
666 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Electronic Immigration Form

Would love to try the electronic customs forms. Seems hubby and I never have the right amount of pens or glasses when it comes time. This time though we are bringing our little doggie. I wonder if there would be issues with the electronic form in that case?

Longmont, Colorado
Level Contributor
666 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Electronic Immigration Form

I missed the edit time but it looks from the link I found that it costs $20 USD per person to use the electronic system.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,410 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Electronic Immigration Form

That would definately qualify for my list of difficulties ?

Dyer, Indiana
Level Contributor
322 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Electronic Immigration Form

Yes. I just returned from PV on Sunday and had no problems. I flew Southwest Airlines. Easy peasy.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,170 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Electronic Immigration Form

From what I understand the fee ($20-$23 depending where you look) is included with your airfare. I have not had to pay for using the form. I think you would have to pay if you are driving in to Mexico.

I'm flying back in December but with AirCanada, so I will see how they deal with the electronic form.

Longmont, Colorado
Level Contributor
666 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Electronic Immigration Form

Which one ian p, the dog or the $20? :-) I may try it in October as well as long as when I get through it without a request for payment.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Electronic Immigration Form

vallartababy did you use electronic form? If so, did it cost $20 and what is the form #

Reply to: Electronic Immigration Form
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted