We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Barcelona tapas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
Save Topic
Question about Barcelona tapas

We are dying to try out this place...at least once....we want to go early in the trip....so we have the time for a second trip there if time allows. does anyone know if it would be possible to go for an early dinner on NYE say 6:45 then be able to get bak to NV while taxies are still available?????

Quilcene, Wa
Level Contributor
178 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Barcelona tapas

Shouldn't be a problem for the early dinner. You may have to walk down the hill to one of the major streets to catch a cab(plenty of those). Barcelona Tapas is located on a small side street. Great place!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
722 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Barcelona tapas

Yes, you sure could. Taxis run all the time. NV buses are a different story. Please go and say HI and Happy New Year to owner Bill. Also, have a reservation...any night for that matter! Sample all sorts of small plates. The paella, housemade coconut ice cream and sangria [I am told] are great!

Gary

San Francisco, CA./Puerto Vallarta, JAL.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Barcelona tapas

Don't leave it too late on NYE the taxis will disappear.

Level Contributor
1,707 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Barcelona tapas

Thanks everyone. I took a peak at the menu and it looks delicious. How much time should we allow for a relaxing diner....1 1/2 hrs? 2 hrs?JR....do you think we should leave the restaurant no later than 8:45? The reason we are dining early is because of the disappearing taxis. Will we be able to catch a bus back to NV if we leave at 8:45? There are 6 of us.

Quilbil...glad to hear it is a down hill walk after a diner.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,245 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Barcelona tapas

I'd also call the restaurant. We're going there for the NYE midnite thing and they wanted us at 9:00 pm, so they might want people wanting to dine early to come at a specific time so they can get the tables cleared and ready for the 9:00 pm arrivals.

If I were you I'd want to be there for sunset. It's great from there, so I'd choose to be there at say, 5:45-6:00. But do ask them as soon as you can.

Happy New Year in advance.

Level Contributor
1,707 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Barcelona tapas

We arrive on the 30th...should I just wait to call then, or should I call from here? I have a phone number, but would I be better off e-mailing? E-mail address anyone?

Level Contributor
1,707 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about Barcelona tapas

OOPS forgot to ask about dress code?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about Barcelona tapas

No Dress code.

The ATN line to Nuevo stops soon after 10pm.

washington DC
Level Contributor
420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about Barcelona tapas

We wanted to try this place also, but it was the end of our stay and they only take pesos/cash so don't plan on using a credit card. We had this issue in a couple of other places as well. We have heard great things about it.

WV
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about Barcelona tapas

don't know the particulars, but Barcelonas Tapas for NYE sounds wonderful... wish we were there:) If you walk the three or four blocks downhill, there is sure to be something going n you won't want to miss. Have a great time and enjoy.