We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from airport to CasaMagna Marriott

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Colorado
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare from airport to CasaMagna Marriott

Does anyone know what we can expect to pay for a party of 6 (4 adults, 2 kids) to take a taxi from the airport to the CasaMagna Marriott Resort (less than 5 miles from the airport to the hotel)? Should we arrange it in advance with the resort or take the airport taxis? Thank you.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,703 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from airport to CasaMagna Marriott

Hi Daisy: You should ask them if they have transportation because while, in general, taxis in Puerto Vallarta are cheaper than in the US or Canada, they are comparatively expensive from, but not to, the airport (it's a federal monopoly thing).

Also, the cabs are mostly Nissan Sentras--big enough for your party without luggage, but probably not for your party including luggage. Therefore, you're looking at two cabs or a van. My guess is about $250 pesos or $25.00 for a van or 2 cabs. It goes by zone, not the individual taxi's meter. Someone else might know the exact fare to the Marina. I only know the fare to somewhere in the same zone. However, to reiterate, if you take cabs the same distance but not from the airport you're looking at about $30-$40 pesos ($3-$4 dollars).

Good luck!

Colorado
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from airport to CasaMagna Marriott

Thank you!

Colorado
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from airport to CasaMagna Marriott

Dear Cayerosib,

After staying for several nights at the CasaMagna Marriott we are going to the Palladium (Nuevo Vallarta) as a group of 4 adults, 2 kids. Can you give me an idea of cab fare for the longer drive up there? Do taxis generally take cash only, or credit cards as well? Thank you for your help!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,703 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from airport to CasaMagna Marriott

Hi Daisy: We flew to Vallarta today, so we're here. It's great to be out of the cold (we're from Canada) :)

The Palladium is in a great location. It's about 20-25 miles north of the Marriott, just south of Punta Mita (about 3 miles I think)--but, because of a winding coastal road part of the way, about 45 minutes in driving time. Btw, I think you made a great choice to split up your trip this way. At the Marina (Marriott), you can enjoy downtown Puerto Vallarta if you wish (short cab or bus ride downtown), but then you see some beautiful coastline north as well (at the Palladium).

I think cabs charge app. 450 pesos (40-45 dollars) to go up to the Palladium--partly because they know they probably won't be able to get a return fare. You might want to check out if the Palladium has a special transportation deal. Just remember that the Palladium is farther than Nuevo Vallarta, particularly in terms of driving time. But it's a very pretty drive!

Joliet, IL
Level Contributor
190 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare from airport to CasaMagna Marriott

Taxis or vans from the airport to your hotel will run from about $12-$20. If you walk across the highway from the airport it is only $4 for a cab to your hotel. Try to figure that one out.