We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do they serve whiskey/rye in Mexico?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton
Level Contributor
294 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Do they serve whiskey/rye in Mexico?

I have been to the Royal Decameron three times and I cannot recall ever consuming whiskey down there. Do they serve it there? I'm thinking they must

Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do they serve whiskey/rye in Mexico?

I was at the Getaway, and same thing... no rye!

I doubt it like this everywhere...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do they serve whiskey/rye in Mexico?

We met a couple from the Vancouver area several years ago and vacation with them every time now. I can't recall the last time that they DID NOT bring their own rye. Apparently the type of Canadian Club they drink isn't served at any of the hotels and you can't find it in any of the stores. I think they drink a 20 year old variety. I don't know if you can buy regular CC anywhere else, though. There's always the option of bringing your own - don't forget your insulated cup/mug!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,086 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do they serve whiskey/rye in Mexico?

other forums have had this thread going, and yes some Resorts do have Rye. People have found their Crown Royal. Depends on the Resort (top shelf)

We drink Scotch and got it at resorts Lots.

Lol

Edmonton
Level Contributor
294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do they serve whiskey/rye in Mexico?

LOL well everyone has their preferences... but really any rye will do. I have a friend who exclusively drinks rye, so it is a bit of a sticking point

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,086 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do they serve whiskey/rye in Mexico?

Rye whisky,rye whiskey. Rye whiskey I cry, If I don't get it, I surely will die!

Lol

He must be from Alberta.

We kept a bottel of Gibson's 10 year old, and opened it 20 years later. GOOD!

calgary
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Do they serve whiskey/rye in Mexico?

if you want rye you have to bring it from canada. the stores sell rye in mexico(sams etc) but it is the American version of rye as Americans cannot have true rye whiskey as there has to be a blended mix of american and canadian whiskey and canadian whiskey is done in oak casks(similair to the US bourbon)

Edmonton
Level Contributor
294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do they serve whiskey/rye in Mexico?

LOL I like that JoLee... and surely enough he is. I'll admit I wouldn't mind some Crown down there either, maybe we'll bring some...

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,086 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do they serve whiskey/rye in Mexico?

Bourbon-Yuk- made from corn.right?

Lol

Anyway-Mexican Beer is good, better than our Canadian GREEN beer.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Do they serve whiskey/rye in Mexico?

Nope not at our resort but a guy brought his own bottles of crown royale that he bought from dutyfree, and he carried it around the resort and made his own drinks and we were lucky he was very sharing so he would give us his whisky, i think thats your best bet if you want whiskey