We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Premiere Hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Villa Premiere Hotel

Just returned from seven great days at the Premiere. If you are seeking a pampered and relaxing place, you'll find it there. Everything from check-in to the dining, the poolside and beach service was beyond what we wanted. Close enough to downtown to easily walk to shops and the malacon. We stayed at a master suite with outdoor jacuzzi on the fifth floor. There was some initial confusion as some posts we read stated seven jacuzzi suites. Actually there are seven premiere rooms on the third floor with outdoor jacuzzi tubs and from what I could tell about three more master suites on the various floors on the South end of the hotel that have both indoor and outdoor tubs. The food at the restaurants was top notch although we did find the room service menu somewhat limited and not 24 hour as advertised. If you have never been to downtown Puerto Vallarta before, as was the case with us, be sure to travel all the way to the South end of the Malacon and then go about two blocks East to get to the flea market. We avoided what we envisioned as "flea market junk" for most of the time we were there only to wish we had more time when we went on day five. Some of the best deals on silver and local crafts were found there and the plank bridge over a small stream was a unique experiance. Enjoy! We'll be going back again.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel

Thanks for the post. We are staying at the Premiere in May and have been a little concerned after reading some not-so-good reviews lately.

Can you recommend any good, reasonably priced restaurants close by?

Did you walk to the Romantic Zone from the Premiere?

Thanks again.

Chicago, IL
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel

I'm staying at the Premiere in mid-April for a week. Your report was good news. Since its been unseasonably cold in Chicago (and because I'll be on vacation), I can't wait.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel

Alberta- The Malacon is less than a half mile from the Premiere and we walked it several times. We did take a cab back to the Hotel one day from the South end of town and it was only 30 pesos. ($3.00 usd) All of our ventures were South from the Hotel as to the North it was a bit more spread out and entered what is called the Hotel Zone. I was told by a couple that had stayed there several times that the beach was nicer if you walked the main road North to the Sheraton, and then cut over to the beach. As the estimated mile of beach that started at the hotel and ran South was fine with us, we never did go North. As far as restaurants go, there are a couple of dozen places upstairs across from the Malacon that offer great views of the ocean and were very reasonable. We did most of our evening dining at the Hotel. We were all inclusive but the plate price was about 300 pesos. ($30.00 usd) and as I said all meals were great.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel

Question for rtjwebster - can you please give me your opinion on a good room location? I have heard that some rooms look out on a derelict building. Thanks.

MASS
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel

All if the rooms at the villa premier are ocean view. There is really no derelict building in the immediate area, only an old building foundation right next door, and it does not interfere with the ocean view.

st. louis
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel

The rooms on the North end of the Premiere do overlook a sort of run-down lot and some people have been put out by this. There is actually a restaurant on the other side of that lot (Hectors?) which is for sunset dining, etc. It's off the beaten path but some people said it was good. Our room was in the middle of the 7th floor and we could see the run down area b/t us and the Sheraton but it didn't bother us. We just figured someone was holding onto it until the right price came their way to sell.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel

Alberta - Forgot when your going so this post may be too late. However the abandoned property is on the North side of the Premiere. My own opinion is that it's not that bad. Mostly a leveled foundation. All rooms view the buildings under construction in front of the hotel through the windows of the enclosed hallways. I think that may be the buildings that were once posted as an eyesore. Unless your taking in the view of the City when walking to your room, you'll never even see them. We had our pics developed and I would go back tomorrow if I had the time:)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel

Thanks for the info RTJWEBSTER, we aren't leaving until May. We have heard so many good things about the Premiere and will not let the construction bother us.

falls church va
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel

I just got back as well -- it was spectacular. Be sure to get a couple tacos at the taco stands in the streets -- $0.60 and wonderful.

I discovered that traditional mexican isn't necessarily fajitas and guacamole. We had many people recommend a place called "Pipis" and found it to be a tourist trap that really wasn't the real deal. A few blocks away is a truly traditional Mexican restaurant -- called Arrayan (the Premier has business cards for the address). Its a bit pricey, but it has ceviche and mole and some of the more traditional Mexican dishes I didn't want to miss.

We also rented a jeep for a day and drove north up the coast. We found a great family-owned casual retaurant on the side of the road -- they hand make the tortillas in front of you and were one of the few places I found made fish tacos.

falls church va
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Premiere Hotel

OH, and a room recommendation -- we were in 2312 and loved it. It's a beautiful jacuzzi room (on the outside). There is an abandoned lot to the right, but it didn't bother us at all. I thought it was great not to have another hotel at our side -- less noise!