We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you stayed at Secrets?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
411 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
If you stayed at Secrets?

Wife and I are staying at Secrets for 6 nights late October. We would like to get out and about at least for two side day trips. I understand that the main shopping area is close to the resort. I have not been able to find any info if the resort has a tour desk to arrange tours such as an ATV adventure. Any info on Secrets, and trips we should be looking at, please let us know.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you stayed at Secrets?

You will be a very short distance from downtown.

There are tour desks at the resort.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,410 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you stayed at Secrets?

Plenty of shopping nearby & if you want to book some excursions you can do it online through JRs website.

Vallartainfo.com

Lots of great info in there, the best PV maps ever.

Yes the ATV would be a great tour but if I only had time for one tour in PV my first choice would be "Rythyms of The Night " not to be missed.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,483 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you stayed at Secrets?

There are also diy trips to villages that many of us do, it's easy and safe. Public transportation is excellent.

Your hotel is on the Hotel Zone map...web site above. It isn't the main shopping area, it is more of a commercial area but you'll find some shopping there. The main shopping areas are really the downtown map and the south side map.

For a lot of the more basic vendors you will find them on Avenida Mexico on the north downtown map. However don't be discouraged, as nothing is very far away in PV.

The maps are all in order N to S so they are easy to move from one to the other. PV is a great walking town and you'll enjoy walking all over these areas. If we know what you're looking for, we can get specific as to where you can shop for certain items. :-)

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
411 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you stayed at Secrets?

Thanks everyone for some terrific ideas.

Calgary
Level Contributor
737 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you stayed at Secrets?

Is the Mega store an easy walk from Secrets? If so is it worth going to? I've never been in a Mega Store.

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you stayed at Secrets?

Two blocks away. Good for guacamole, salsa, chips, and beer. And whatever else you want.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,739 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you stayed at Secrets?

We've stayed nearby (watched Secrets and Now Amber being built, from my balcony at Canto del Sol in late 2011 ---- it opened a few months later) several times. We love that neighborhood.

When you stay at Secrets, Now Amber, Canto del Sol and Pelicanos Plaza Grand, you go outside your door (headed to the main drag, where you can get buses and taxis cheaply) and you encounter cobblestoned roads. It reminds you that you're in Mexico.

It's easy to walk anywhere. We often walk downtown from there, but --- when shopping --- there are two major groceries nearby. Mega is to the south (same side of the boulevard) and Soriana is to the north, across the boulevard. We love going to Mexican grocery stores. They have everything. Just watch the timeshare people at Mega (in case anyone comes up to you, being extremely friendly).

Both places are worth going to. For us, it's as much fun walking through a neighborhood and going to stores as it is going on a tour.

Have a good time. You're in a good area to get around, both north and south.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: If you stayed at Secrets?

I agree with Ian about not missing the "Rhythms of the Night Tour": vallartainfo.com/tours/…rhythm.php

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you stayed at Secrets?

Www.bookit.Com has activities.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply