We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Beach Street

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Dyer, Indiana
Level Contributor
322 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
One Beach Street

Need to know if a client rents in that building will there be a problem with the noise from Mantamar. I know that Sapphire is located in front of One Beach Street. I would like honest answers.

Thanks.

Kathy

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,636 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Beach Street

Spent five months at One Beach Street his past season. Mantamar wasn't a problem. You might experience some noise from Sapphire (a few friends with units in the ocean front building did but not a regular thing) also The Blue Chairs can get pretty loud but things usually wind down by 11:00pm. When are you going? Things are generally not as raucous in the low season.

Edited: 10:47 am, April 23, 2015
Dyer, Indiana
Level Contributor
322 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Beach Street

Thanks Fred. During low season in May of 2016 - only for 4 nites. A client is inquiring. I know from following the board about Mantamar.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,915 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Beach Street

Less people around in low season to buffer noise levels from beachfront places.

Anything beachfront is going to have a certain amount of noise, especially in the Los Muertos area. But it generally peters out before 11 as noted and then all you have is the noisy waves.

Of course if either of the venues noted (or any of the venues along LM) are booked for a private event, that's another story. (-;

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Beach Street

Fred, it's been a few years since I've been inside of OBS. Would you agree that VB's client should go for a beachfront unit facing west, and avoid those units facing north out onto Abedul street? That narrow, cobble-stoned "canyon" seems like an echo chamber of street noise every time I walk it.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,915 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Beach Street

The other wild card is whether or not they'll be working on the Almar Vallarta project. That construction has been off/on for 2 years now, never know when it will be "on" again and when it is, people staying/living in that area have said during the day it can be pretty noisy.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
9,636 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Beach Street

I was there the last 2 weeks of May last year and had a beach front room (303A) - no noise problems at all. I've stay in the B building - facing the Tropicana (705B) and not had a noise problem there either but I'm one of those weirdos who likes the sliders shut at night and the a.c. going. The only way for trucks to make deliveries to the businesses on the beach is to come down Abedul on the North side of OBS and then left onto Malecon to head South to all the beach front stores/restaurants etc. and they get started early. So, I think the truck/traffic noise on lower floors in either building could be an issue if you leave the sliders to the balcony open. I'd be more concerned about that than noise from Mantamar or Almar. I'd go for an upper floor if available because the traffic noise doesn't seem as bothersome - honestly though, I've stayed there for so many years maybe I just tune it out. Mexico is a noisy country (at least in town) - what can I say? They want peace and quiet send them to Garza Blanca - know what I mean?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,915 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Beach Street

I pretty much agree with Fred's last sentence. Anywhere inside the city you can have noise at any time, day or night. Very little control over that, and most of us accept it as the tradeoff for staying in town and enjoying such a lovely place.

Outside the city, it's usually a different story. Much quieter. So if this is a primary concern for your client, I probably wouldn't be looking for beachfront condos on the busiest stretch of Los Muertos beach...because you really never know what you'll get.

I stay a block from the beach and my hotel is usually pretty quiet at night, but we've had instances where someone is throwing a party, or there is traffic, or one night it was fireworks that woke us up; I pack earplugs for this reason. That's what we mean when we say no real guarantees on peace and quiet inside the city. It exists, but it can also be disrupted anywhere too.

8. Re: One Beach Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 24, 2016