We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New TS for trade

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
New TS for trade

I was just looking for trades thru the Interval Internaional website and saw a place that I have not seen before.I can't remember the name but it is on(or near)the corner of Paraguay/Honduras.This looks like a good location,just north of the Malecon.I prefer the southside but there are no TS there.Has anyone stayed at this TS property?

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New TS for trade

It is called Casa de la Playa

CO
Level Contributor
860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New TS for trade

This TS has been in RCI for years and I have always meant to go take a look, but never have. Casa de la Playa is a WIVC resort. We have friends who stay at WIVC Conchas Chinas every year and they said that the Conchas Chonas property is the best of the three WIVC Vallarta resorts. Worth taking a look, though. Lindo Mar is still my favorite.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
244 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New TS for trade

Casa de la Playa...we have stayed there several times and love it. We really like the location. Only seven units,four two bedroom and three one bedroom. Nothing fancy but has have everything you need,kitchen etc. No elevator though so the climb to the top floor can be a challenge. The beach there is nice and not crowded like Los Muertos. Lots of good restaurants close and Ley's is only a block or so away. Easy to catch a bus from there to the south side. Hector at the front desk is a great guy. Check out the reviews on TA. There are pics of the units posted there. Note that the bathroom is very small. I would stay away from the first floor two bedroom that is adjoining the reception area and right above the pool area. PM me if you have any questions. We also love Lindo Mar.

CO
Level Contributor
860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New TS for trade

We might want to try CDLP sometime, although the WIVC Conchas Chinas is super nice....like a little home. It is above Lindo Mar and a bit south and up the hill from Ocho Cascadas -(another timeshare that I really LOVE!)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,179 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New TS for trade

WIVC Alta Vista is south side, up near Casa Isabel.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New TS for trade

No elevator is a deal breaker for us!Last trip we stayed at Lindo Mar and loved it.Thanks for the info.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,283 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New TS for trade

George --- I stay in that neighborhood regularly and often can see the WIVC on Paraguay from my balcony. It is a beautiful property, right on Playa Camarones. I walk by it daily, when in the area.

When staying a block away in February, I tried to go in, to get a tour, but there is a huge gate and a large staircase. You can't just walk in. I suppose I could have rattled the gate (or maybe there was a bell) but it does seem a bit inaccessible. I was walking back from El Barracuda, which is right up the road, slightly north.

It's a stunning location. My favorite. If no elevator though, it would be a deal-breaker for me also.

Also --- it's not new for trade. I've tried to get it for years but the units get grabbed up instantly. The building is right on the beach and doesn't have that many units.

Good luck.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New TS for trade

Thanks for the info Marly.I have never seen it offered before as a trade.There are 2 weeks available right now ,April & july in a 2bedroom.With no elevator we can't stay here,but it sure does look nice!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,283 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New TS for trade

George --- Someday I'm going to try it. I don't do stairs well either, and that initial entrance has stairs, but it's only about 3 floors and I figure I might be able to make it, if I hung onto the railings. The boon (for me) is it's in my very favorite area of PV, so I know all the restaurants and shops and it's on the beach, with no hills. I can do stairs better than managing hills.

Once in awhile, "in the proverbial blue moon", it shows up on RCI. If it's on both II and RCI, no wonder it disappears instantly. It's a very beautiful property. The type of place that makes you drool, when walking by on the beach. For a place like that, since I know the area so well, I wouldn't mind only coming down the stairs once a day. I've "suffered" worse (that's a joke and an overstatement) ---- in getting stuck in ugly places on top of hills in PV, and not been able to get down the stairs.

I'm glad you asked. ;=))

Edited: 4:49 pm, August 30, 2014
10. Re: New TS for trade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 01, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta