We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Bus from Airport to Golden Crown

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
180 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
City Bus from Airport to Golden Crown

OK, first trip in a long time without the kiddos, so we are going to try to take the city bus to the hotel. Is Soriana still the closest stop to GCP? The most recent thread I found on this was from 4 years ago. Also, is 7.5 pesos the current bus fair? Once on the bus am I looking at a 10-15 minute ride? Would love any advice, info, etc. Thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,440 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Bus from Airport to Golden Crown

Yes that's the correct approx. time and fare. But won't you have luggage?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Bus from Airport to Golden Crown

You've got it !

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Bus from Airport to Golden Crown

If you have luggage bigger than a back pack, you should not take the bus. The steps are steep, the aisle narrow and the seats are small- and if you try to board the bus during prime time, you won't find a place to sit or be comfortable. A taxi from across the bridge would not be that expensive if you are trying to save money.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
180 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City Bus from Airport to Golden Crown

We are not trying to save money necessarily, although that is a bonus. We are only going for a long weekend so will only have small backpacks. We are also heading across to the bridge to Tacon de Marlin to eat before going to the hotel because we are addicted to those smoked Marlin tacos. If it's crazy hot we might try grabbing a cab from the other side of the bridge instead, which would also be a first for me.

It is my understanding that if we take the city bus we need to cross back over the bridge to the airport side to grab a bus going in the right direction which may very well be a deal breaker after a couple of cervezas. It's just an idea I have. Somehow I feel like I get to know the city better when I take the bus.

Mentioned in this post
Tacon de Marlin
Tacon de Marlin
320 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,076 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City Bus from Airport to Golden Crown

If you're going to Tacón de Marlin anyway (and having the two cold cervezas --- man, that sounds good), it would be so much easier not to go back over the bridge to catch the bus.

The reason is ---- you might have to wait there for awhile to get a bus that has room. We used to always take the bus from the airport when I went to fetch boyfriend (who comes in for a week with a backpack only). Last time, we stood there for 20-25 minutes, behind other people loading and finally gave up and walked across the bridge. Since then, we don't take the bus from the airport. Obviously, each day is different but waiting and waiting, with full buses passing by, soured us on the bus from the airport.

Especially since it will be your first time trying this option, the taxi is only a few feet away from Tacón de Marlin. There is a guy who works for the taxi union, with a clipboard. He will quote you the price to GCP. The end of May (another "boyfriend fetch"), we paid 130 pesos to the Hotel Zone (Sheraton).

You might get a better view and feel for PV going in the yellow cab than on the bus. The cab makes a U-turn in the G. Victoria colonia, immediately north of where you pick it up. Then you're on your way. Since you'll be eating right next to the taxi sitio, you'll probably be at GCP about 20 minutes or so faster than if you walk back across the bridge and take the bus. More time for your getaway!

Welcome back.

PS: Soriana isn't the closest stop. It's the one before that (right before the corner) but it will work.

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,440 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City Bus from Airport to Golden Crown

<Somehow I feel like I get to know the city better when I take the bus>

I agree with that completely and use the bus a lot. But upon arrival coming in from the airport I grab a taxi instead. But there's no reason you can't use it (yes you'd need to cross back over the highway to be headed in the correct direction) in the situation you describe.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
180 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City Bus from Airport to Golden Crown

I think we will likely take a city cab from across the pedestrian bridge instead of the bus- only because to take the bus we would have to cross the pedestrian bridge TWICE. Once over to Tacon de Marlin, then back over to the airport side to catch the bus. On top of that, having to possibly wait for multiple buses (if they happen to be full at the time we are there) would be more than I would like to do.

That Vallarta HUMIDITY and HEAT are not always kind to us Colorado people on day #1. :)

Mentioned in this post
Tacon de Marlin
Tacon de Marlin
320 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Colorado
Colorado
United States
8. Re: City Bus from Airport to Golden Crown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, June 26, 2015