We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tours/excursions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
49 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Day tours/excursions

It'll be my first time in PV and still trying to sort out where to stay, but what are a few highly recommended day trips to see the area?

Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,808 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Day tours/excursions

Deana - you may not have this problem in December. As noted, my insect issues were in July/August, aka the height of the warm/rainy season, when the insects are far more prevalent. You're not likely to have the same volume of them in the dry season. Take repellent, certainly, but I've usually found by late October it wasn't necessary. For me, anyways.

Claymore - which expression, Rochambeau? If you ever watched the way too brief CBC series "Hatching, Matching and Dispatching" there was one of the funniest examples of this I have ever seen. I laughed for days.

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Day tours/excursions

Rochambeau would be the one. Turned out one of the meanings was what I remembered, but I had to google and verify that I wasn't splitting a gut over the wrong thing.

Fremont, California
7 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Day tours/excursions

Thanks terriks! I'll be booking a couple of these for my upcoming trip :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,808 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Day tours/excursions

Claymore - haha! I bet you were looking at the Urban Dictionary version? LOL, no wonder you laughed at the running part!

We were doing the less painful one. (-:

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Day tours/excursions

You got it!

paris, france
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Day tours/excursions

Vallarta Adventures changed their discount website. It is now vallartatoursandactivities.com. They require you to book in advance and online, but we had an exception made where they booked us for a tour for tomorrow. Note that it is slow season now so not sure if that would work in high season.

Edited: 9:44 pm, July 07, 2014
27. Re: Day tours/excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, July 14, 2015