We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Bistro

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
391 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Le Bistro

Has this re-opened yet??? Heard previously it was in the works

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,694 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Le Bistro

I've used Cupocities at approximately 12 different restaurants in PV (including three times at Blue Shrimp and twice at Amore) and have never had a problem as long as I followed the fine-print details, on the coupon, which often include time of day, etc. And, we have taken two coupons with us (one for each of us) if the fine-print allows. Some of those places (like Blue Shrimp) can't be making too much on us, so we always order an extra drink or dessert.

Le Bistro is obviously using the coupons to re-build the business quickly, since it's been closed for awhile. If the fine-print works for your schedule (it should be on the coupon before you buy it) and your food tastes (as there aren't substitutions), should be no problem. The offered dish itself sounds scrumptious.

I've never had a problem with the coupons themselves (not sure which disturbing comment you're referring to). Those coupons are a great way to try out a number of restaurants inexpensively (don't forget to tip on the full public price --- there is always a reminded of that in the fine-print) and then, if the food/service is good, I usually return again to try something else, not on a coupon.

Hope it works for you, at Le Bistro (and hope Le Bistro is its wonderful-self again).

Edited: 2:18 pm, April 10, 2014
Virginia
Level Contributor
411 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Le Bistro

There was jazz playing when we stopped in, April 26th. Looked like the same awesome place just very few tables occupied, maybe 3. So happy they are back. Wish we could go & use the coupon but I am now back in the USA. Hopefully next year!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Le Bistro

MarlySF, thank you for all your information and you make me feel a lot better about Cuponcity.

The disturbing comment I was referring to is on Tripadvisor for Le Bistro May 2, 2013 Management will Cheat You - Do not Go Thread - said they bought a coupon from Cuponcity and Le Bistro would not honor it because in the fine print on the Le Bistro coupon it said it was only good for 15 days. This is why I would like to know what the fine print on the Le Bistro Coupon reads just in case because we would loose our money as well if that is the case because if it is 30 days we are OK but 15 days we are not and this couple assumed it was for 30days.

Yes, the meal they are offering is great and we would really like it and it is a great price almost too good to be true but we figured the reason they are doing this which is a good idea. I signed up for Couponcity and am now on their mailing list. I am just hoping Canada will post what he reads in the fine print of his coupon as I know I don't have much time left to buy. If he doesn't we will probably end up going there anyways for their crepes if the price is not too exorbitent.

Thanks again. I appreciate all your help.

canada
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Le Bistro

VACA - No fine print to speak of aside from reservations are necessary, which I highly doubt but if it makes you feel better PM me and I will make a reservation personally on your behalf and get back to you with a confirmation.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,694 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Le Bistro

That's odd as I've been buying Cupocity coupons for Puerto Vallarta since Cupocity went into business. Every coupon I've ever bought has been "valid 30 days after the offer." Maybe someone didn't read the rules --- who knows?

Also, I've done nails and spa treatments and other things, in addition to a number of restaurants. On my last trip (February), I bought two Cupocity coupons while I was in PV. Now that you have subscribed, interesting things will be popping up daily. It's always been 30 days though. Thus, like dosnomads says, might look interesting ---- but if we aren't there, it's a "no go," except we can hope the offer will be repeated.

The fine print on the offer (that JNS listed, as a hyperlink) sounds normal. 30 days from offer. Use by May 8. The fine print also says "Reservations ARE required." Pay attention to that one. That the only thing on the list which might catch you. It's clear when the coupon is honored (hours), etc.

All of the conditions (listed on the offer) WILL be printed on the Cupocity coupon. Not to worry about that.

If you like what you see online (conditions and food deal), do it in the next 30 hours. And, then, please come back here, after you've gone, and tell us you had a great experience at Le Bistro. Obviously there is much interest. I love that place (only been there for lunch) and hope this coupon offer will help them be the great place many of us have experienced in the past.

Wish I was going to be there before May 8 but maybe they'll do another one soon. ;=))

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Le Bistro

Keep in mind that it was possibly under the previous management that you had that problem, now it's back to the original owners :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,694 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Le Bistro

Looks like iwillnotdoit and I were writing at the same time, with the same information. The "reservations ARE required" is a fine-print issue.

One trip, I had 13 Cupocity coupons with me, printed in advance. Man, I was prepared.

JR ---- evidently it's an old thread from **who-knows-who?** so vaca will probably do really well, with that Cupocity coupon.

I just hope Le Bistro repeats it soon. Very good to know the original owners are back. That's important. I used to love it for lunch though. It will probably take awhile for the business to be re-established but I sure hope they do lunch sometime in the future. ;=))

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Le Bistro

I was one of their first customer, when they left Frany's coffee shop, now the location of Cuiza (which they also own) It was just a round palapa with maybe 10 tables, Roberto, Humberto and a kid doing the washing up. They came along way :)

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Le Bistro

Le Bistro is now open for lunch (from 1pm). Was there today to take a look at new menu and was told lunch started yesterday.

Also, Baked Alaska (someone was looking for it a while back) can be had here in evenings!!

Still a beautiful space with the jazz playing.

Edited: 8:04 pm, April 10, 2014
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: Le Bistro

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou, especially MarlySF and iwillnotdoit2000 for all your help and guidance and patience with me. I printed out my 2 coupons and Canada is going to make my reservation while in PV since Canada will be there before me so all is good. I am really looking forward to this and I will defintely come back and post and let everyone know about my experience. I'm sure it will be great.

MarlySF - buying the coupons was a lot easier than I thought - thankyou - it went very well and I have printed them out and yes Cuponcity is now emailing me daily so I will keep a look out for anything else.

Edited: 11:42 am, April 11, 2014