We are an English couple (46 + 50) who usually have our annual winter holiday in India. Mainly North Goa, but also South Goa, Sri Lanka and Kerala. We like lazy beach holidays and good weather is a prime key in where to holiday.
Last December we decided on a change and after much research decided on Akumel in the Riviera Maya Mexico.
I was advised that the weather would be cool but dry at this time of year. We decided on GBP Akumel Resort.
The hotel was fantastic, the area interesting. The weather was warmer than expected but also wetter. For 7/21 days it was very unsettled. With rain lasting from about an hour to a whole day. These days were also much cooler.
On the other 14/21 days the weather was better than expected. Hot & sunny.
For this December we are trying to decide; do we return to Goa, (weather is usually guaranteed but for the price, accommodation is very basic) or do we try somewhere else.
I have taken a look at Puerta/Neuvo Vallarta and these are definite considerations.
PV: the package hotels on offer in the UK are more expensive than NV, but there appears to be more of an opportunity to visit local establishments and reviews say that on average, prices outside the hotel are reasonable.
NV: the package hotels on offer in the UK are better value than PV, but areas outside the hotel appear to “exclusive” and “expensive”.
Can people please help me with the following:-
• what temperatures can I expect in December for daytime and evening?
• Is day time sunbathing weather?
• How much rain is expected?
• What is the cost of living outside the hotels in PV / NV?
• How much e.g. for a beer, a snack, a basic meal in PV/NV
• How far is it from Peurto Vallarta to Neuvo Vallarta? Walk / taxi?
• Would it be possible to stay in NV and to travel into PV for an afternoon or evening? How practical would this be?
• Any idea how much a taxi would cost to take this trip?
Any other help is greatly appreciated.Edited: 3:58 am, January 14, 2014