We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendations por favor :-)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
337 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendations por favor :-)

I've been researching like a mad woman and I'd love some help from the TA forum. I credit TA for helping me find an amazing little gem in Playa Del Carmen a couple years ago so hoping this works again. My boyfriend and I will be traveling for a week in May (we're in our 30s if that matters). We'd like a quaint spot that's not too pricey ($100 to $150 ish) that's within walking distance to bars & restaurants. We're social people and not really looking for seclusion. Cleanliness is necessary and we'd love a charming spot that feels like Mexico. If it's on the beach, awesome, but if not as long as we can walk we'll be happy. A good vibe and friendly service is a must! Thanks for your help!!!

United States
Level Contributor
9,723 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Hotel Recommendations por favor :-)

Welcome back Roxstar

You have the BEST vacation ever. Wherever you choose to stay!

United States
Level Contributor
9,723 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Hotel Recommendations por favor :-)

Now.... Can someone please close this post?

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,044 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Hotel Recommendations por favor :-)

None of us (TA members) have the authority to close a thread. A request would need to be sent to the TripAdvisor via the Help Center at the bottom of the page.

Edited: 12:06 am, January 08, 2014
|Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
845 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Hotel Recommendations por favor :-)

Hi Roxstar11,

Thanks for coming back to this thread! It's amazing how these things grow sometimes. Not always for the better, but what can you do?

I would like to suggest a boutique hotel as a possible option for you. My wife and I love Casa Isabel. Here is a link:

http://www.casaisabelpv.com/

It is within walking distance of all the "action" on the south side. There are beautiful views and most rooms have full kitchens. I'm not sure if the restaurant will be open in May or not, but there are plenty of other ones nearby.

Good luck in your search and we hope you have a great vacation!

Happy Travels, The Cheeseheads

75. Re: Hotel Recommendations por favor :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:58 pm, January 11, 2014
Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,696 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Hotel Recommendations por favor :-)

rox---you rock---have a blast---whatever you do and keep us posted about your decision

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,964 posts
Save Reply
77. Re: Hotel Recommendations por favor :-)

Rox - lots of places around that fit your description, but of course it's hard to narrow it down without knowing a budget. Based on your interest in PLA and its sister hotels that would tell me you're not a "sky's the limit" kind of budget gal, and that perhaps you're open to a non-AI experience as well if the place was right in other aspects.

Maybe have a look at the places on the B&Bs/Inns/Specialty Lodging list and see if anything grabs your interest? There are a lot of really unique lodgings in the PV area, so don't feel you're limited to just the big chains and generic resorts. This list tends to have more of the smaller, unique/boutique places around PV in a variety of prices...something might grab you. (-:

tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g150793-c2-Puerto_Vall…

I tend to stay in smaller places and on occasion when my favourite places are seasonally unavailable, I'll rent condos. I'm not a fan of big generic resorts, and favour things with a little more flavour, so I get where you're coming from on that. I'm sure whatever you find you'll love. If you do find something specific don't be afraid to ask. Yes, we're passionate about PV around here, and many of us stand up for what we believe, our experiences, and what we know...but I don't see that as a negative thing. (-;

Elk River, Minnesota
7 posts
Save Reply
78. Re: Hotel Recommendations por favor :-)

It would be nice if all of this drama didn't have to happen when a simple question was asked. Give your opinion and move on!

79. Re: Hotel Recommendations por favor :-)

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, January 10, 2014
80. Re: Hotel Recommendations por favor :-)

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 12, 2015