We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flea Market

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Flea Market

Can anyone tell me when the Flea Market opens (days of the week and times) please. Thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,212 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flea Market

Seems like it is always open

Sorry I don't know specifics because I don't like shopping there. the vendors are WAY too pushy and don't have anything unique in my limited experience walking through on a few occasions in the past.

I prefer the regular shops and stalls along I. Vallarta, B. Badillo, and along the back of the beach.

All that said... hopefully someone else will chime in who for sure knows the answer!

:) suze

Vancouver
Level Contributor
998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flea Market

I don't know when they are supposed to open, but have been there several times at around 11 am & only half of the vendors were open.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,524 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flea Market

There are several "flea markets" ... are you referring to the 'Municipal Market' .. the large covered one downtown? Restaurants on the second level there open in the early-am for breakfast .. and the stalls, over time, as the vendors arrive and set up (Mexican time, eh!!).

The 'flea market' on the Isla Rio Cuale ... is much the same, over time, as vendors arrive and set up.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,560 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flea Market

We're down there a lot (granted --- during the day) and the only time I've noticed stalls not being open or closing early was on Sundays.

Can you let us know when you planned to be there (specifically?) and it would be easier to answer your question. To us, it's always open but we don't go really early or really late. It was "the Sunday-thing" though when it was very quiet.

United States
Level Contributor
9,456 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flea Market

I too, have found that on a Sunday at the 2 story Municipal Flea Market that some stalls close early, or they close when they want. Some don't even open on a Sunday. (I noticed that- this last time 2 weeks ago).

One time I was there, it was maybe....6:00 PM on a Sunday. My favorite stall already had closed. He just closed it. When I got there he re-opened the whole thing. Lucky for him. He made a good sale!

Edited: 9:17 pm, December 03, 2013
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,560 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flea Market

Funny, Deana. A couple of years back (October, 2011 I think), I got a hole in my regular bathing suit and wanted to buy a new one and a friend recommended a certain shop at the Municipal Market (right across from the Liz and Dick statue) and showed me the cute suit she had bought a couple of days before. We went over there around 3-4pm on a Sunday and there was almost no shop open but the place she bought her suit was still open but closing. The flea market ended up being a ghost town about that time but at least I got something I could wear in the pool for a few days. ;=))

This next trip, I'm headed to Curvas Peligrosas to buy a bathing suit. Much better quality. That little swim suit I bought at the last minute in the flea market that day (not cheap --- I think it was 440 pesos) floats above the water line. Ugh! ;=))

Guess we're in agreement --- the Flea Market (Municipal Market south of Insurgentes and going up along the river, in the two story building) is open every day but their hours seem to be curtailed on Sundays. I bought a ton of stuff there in October. Always seemed to be open during the daylight hours.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flea Market

Thank you all for your replies. The Flea Market I was thinking of is the one Downtown by Café Roma. It's our first time to PV and thought we'd make our way to the Flea Market but now I know there are a few of them! We'll be there from Jan, 8 to 18th, 2014. Can't wait!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flea Market

Be aware that a lot of the 'stuff' in the Flea Market comes from China :)

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,524 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flea Market

"The Flea Market I was thinking of is the one Downtown by Café Roma."

That's the Municipal Market, and 'the' biggest one -- two floors of stalls, restaurants, and the like.

There are other smaller ones (in the downtown), plus, on an "area" of the Island (Isla Rio Cuale).

Lots of much the same stuff & such .. and available about anywhere (in town or on the beach). Except for the restaurants -- there are some rather good ones in the Municipal Market.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flea Market

The beach vendors sell almost everything you'll find at the flea market, if we want trinkets to take home for gifts, we prefer shopping with our toes in the sand while sipping on a cold beverage. I've only been inside the flea market once, it was very hot with no breeze.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta