We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Wifi

Hello,

Is there a company that allows you to buy a mobile hotspot with no contract like Net Zero or Virgin Mobile in the US. We will be spending time in PV, Punta Mita & Yelapa. I know we will have wifi in some spots but I am a bit of an internet junkie, so I would feel much better if I had my own.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi

When are you coming, how long, location.

I have a Telcel stick I am not using right now, sure we could work something out.

New York
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi

Hello,

We will be there for two weeks starting this Sunday. Thanks for the offer but I cannot use the plug in as neither my phone or tablet has a USB port.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi

If you have no USB ports, then I guess you need to unlock your phone, get a Mexican prepaid SIM. When you use your tablet, use mobile hotspot from your phone.

This is a sample pricing from Telcel (in Spanish only, use Chrome, etc for translation):

www.internet.telcel.com/paquetes.html#tab1

When I went to Baja California last month, I've noticed Telmex, Yoo(?), etc planted a lot of routers in many parts of cities. You need a user ID and password to log in. I hope somebody else can clarify if we need to have home internet service with them or not.

These days hotels, even budget hotels, many of them offer free wifi. All of McDs and Starbucks I've been to offered free wifi in Baja California, just like anywhere else, so I never bothered to looking into getting a mobile internet.

4. Re: Wifi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 23, 2014