We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Puerto Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
peterborough
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Puerto Vallarta

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton in the past year? If so how are the meals?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Puerto Vallarta

Lots of the reviews talk about the food, I'd start there.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150793-d324053…

peterborough
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Puerto Vallarta

Thanks jenny I have seen reviews looking for someone there recently.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,383 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Puerto Vallarta

Well, the most recent reviews are from a few days ago, and mention the food/beverages. (-:

Phoenix
Level Contributor
5 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Puerto Vallarta

My husband and I are scheduled to arrive on Friday, so I am hoping that the most recent review was just one bad experience. I did email the hotel directly to find out, whether or not half of their restaurants are some of their other amenities are closed. I will post again, if I receive a reply from the hotel.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Puerto Vallarta

We were there in August. We had a smoking deal that included AI.

The meals were edible, but the menu got very tedious after a couple of days.

My suggestion is to eat out as much as you can, as there are so many fantastic restaurants in PV.

Hilton food just doesn't measure up to the rest of the restaurants in the city.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,351 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Puerto Vallarta

We didn't stay there but were right next door at the Krystal the end of October. Having spent much time in that area over many years, I was very pleased to see the Hilton take over the footprint, of some old structures at the Krystal.

If food is your main issue --- I can't help you at all, since we eat all over town. If the location and the GORGEOUS new structure (Hilton) is what you are asking about???.... it's beautiful and on a very nice beach. Having stayed at the old place (Krystal) about 15 years ago, which was torn down for the Hilton ---- WOW.....it's gorgeous.

Have a great time!

Edited: 5:17 pm, November 14, 2013
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,351 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Puerto Vallarta

Missed my edit window. Meant to be clear on what I said about "the old place" ---- old building out to the north on the Krystal property. Hilton built on top of the footprint where we stayed in 2000.

The Hilton facility is stunning and fits with the architecture/ambience of the Krystal, which is Old Vallarta.

Last year, on my twice a year trips to PV, I sat next to a techie on the plane (Alaska Airlines from SFO to PVR) whose assignment was to set up all the high-tech Internet services at the new Hilton hotel. He'd never been to PV before but his gig was to set up the technology, for high-class Wi-Fi in the brand new Hilton.

We had a great talk, since I was a techie myself (in the old days). Thus ----- if anyone is staying at the Hilton PV (gorgeous) ---- expect your Wi-Fi to be top notch. Hope that info helps as not all hotels in PV have free/available Wi-Fi on site in rooms, if that is important.

peterborough
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Puerto Vallarta

Thanks Marly: We have stayed past 4 years at golden, I did tour the hilton very nice just I have seen some negative on the meals, not all resturants open

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,351 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Puerto Vallarta

greg --- We, of course, found the same thing to be true on staying for a week at the adjoining Krystal recently. Restaurants --- uh.....nope, we'd rather find our own. We're not much on staying onsite anywhere but we dined for breakfast at the Las Velas buffet, near the pool I'd give it a so-so.

Don't know what restaurants are available at the Hilton (didn't ask) but we did go to La Choperia (sports bar), right in front of the Krystal and Hilton and wandered to the Peninsula Mall closeby for a couple of meals and generally just ate while we were wandering around, to Las Adelitas (not too far) and Noah's (not too far). Other meals were all over town -- downtown and southside.

If you're asking about AI at the Hilton, can't help but there are a few places within walking distance. El Mero across the street was a favorite in the past but we didn't get there last month.

Report back on the Hilton, please? I love it's look! When I walked to the little store on the Krystal site and went to the pool, I'd look up at the Hilton and think --- wow, I'd like to stay there. Looks like something from the Mediterranean coast.

Enjoy.

10. Re: Hilton Puerto Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 16, 2014