We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about El Rio, a view, and the church

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
474 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Question about El Rio, a view, and the church

T-19 days and counting till we take my wifes parents to PV for their first trip. We're playing tour guides. We've been many times and just about as far most buses can you take you in the region, so we will be able to show them around well.

However, I need a couple of specifics answered if possible.

1. I want to hit El Rio just right. Pops and I are going to lay it down on some ribs, so when should we go? Not sunday for brunch- correct? JR?

2. I also need a dinner spot with a view- but it has to be easy access. Love to go to Ocean Grill but too tough in and out of the boat. I need a breath taking place to make their eyes pop out. Carmelitas? Vista?

3. Mom wants to see Iglesia de nuestro senorra de Guadelupe. Is there a regular mass there? I think she would love to sit in if possible.

Staying at the Trop, so theyre going to love sitting under the palapa with the rest of the blue hairs... lol. Going to be such an awesome trip!

Manitoba
Level Contributor
571 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about El Rio, a view, and the church

I' d love to suggest suggest Ocean Grill but if anyone in your group has mobility issues I would suggest you check it out. Beautiful place and great food but not for everyone with a mobility problem, getting in/out of the boat may be a challenge.

Langley BC
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about El Rio, a view, and the church

La Playita at Lindo Mar has an awesome view...the ocean :)

Danvers...
Level Contributor
909 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about El Rio, a view, and the church

El rio has music Friday at three. Good chicken and fries too.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about El Rio, a view, and the church

For view and dinner, Vista Grill, El Palomar de los Gonzalez or El Panorama. Need to taxi to all. Friday for El Rio; regular menu. The Friday we went, music started about 4pm. There are regular masses at the iglesia; I think JR can help with times.

5. Re: Question about El Rio, a view, and the church

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, November 10, 2013
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about El Rio, a view, and the church

El Rio - Friday, music at 4pm.

Our Lady of Guadalupe - English Mass at 5pm on Saturdays and Bilingual at 10am Sundays.

7. Re: Question about El Rio, a view, and the church

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, November 10, 2013
Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about El Rio, a view, and the church

Breathtaking = Las Carmelitas

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,585 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about El Rio, a view, and the church

depending on mobility issues---madison south at casa isabel's view is to die for.

besides the 5 mass on sat----they have a 6:30 and i think 8:30 both in spanish if she would like a otally spanish mass.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about El Rio, a view, and the church

You want to really impress your mom for dinner with a view, plus absolutely tremendous food, service, a lot of history etc. etc., then make a reservation for this days before going and ask for a table on the rail, take a cab up through the streets, get mom and go to their door (no you cannot walk in - you must knock to be greeted) and be prepared for a wow.

http://haciendasanangel.com/