We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Alberto Hernandez, dentist?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
vancouver
Level Contributor
390 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been to Alberto Hernandez, dentist?

A few months ago, there was a post on this forum from someone who gave a glowing recommendation for Dr. Alberto Hernandez and also mentioned they had seen other glowing reviews on TA, which I am unable to find?! There are no other posts on the net, so I was wondering if anyone had been to this dentist and would provide their review of his services? I did send a pm to the person who had written the review and did not get a response, at least not yet.

Seattle, Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to Alberto Hernandez, dentist?

I have been going to Dr Hernandez for 4 years. Never had a problem with any fillings, root canals or crowns. He speaks great english and has a pleasant personality.

http://dentistinpuertovallarta.com/home.html

Seattle, Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to Alberto Hernandez, dentist?

Forgot to say his office equipment is new. Even has a digital x-ray machine.

Edited: 1:33 am, November 11, 2013
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to Alberto Hernandez, dentist?

I have been a patient of Dr Hernandez for 1 year. He was recommended to me while I was visiting P.V. last Jan [2013]. My wife and I did a checkup and clean etc at that visit. I also looked at doing some implant surgeries. I decided to start 3 implants, and as I was short on time I did a June visit to start.. I just finished the work,[Jan 2014] as there is a healing process involved.

He is the best dentist, and I would recommend him for sure. I also started some additional work at this time, and feel very confident in his knowledge and procedures.

Bryce G. White Rock BC

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been to Alberto Hernandez, dentist?

i have gone to him and was very pleased.

I will be seeing him again this March when i return for more implants.

He is a very good dentist and a calm and sweet man.

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been to Alberto Hernandez, dentist?

Hi, Everyone:

The poster is correct. I have been extremely slow in replying and I do apologize.

I have just been back to Puerto Vallarta (late October 2014) and had further dental work done by Dr. Hernandez. As before, he was extremely kind, courteous and professional. He did two crowns and a filling. He also did new mouthguards for me, which would have been triple the price in Canada. All the work seems fine and the veneers he did on my upper front teeth two years ago remain spectacular. I would go back without hesitation, especially for cosmetic work.

Another plus of going to Dr. Hernandez is that he works with one specific dental lab which is owned or managed by Sergio. I don't know his last name. Sergio does great quality work and will go to endless trouble to, for example, match the colour of your new veneers with the old ones. It wasn't easy in my case two years ago because the colour of my old veneers were in-between standard shades, but they matched perfectly.

Both Dr. Hernandez and Sergio will really pull the stops out to get something done if time is short. I had made a mistake and thought that my return flight was a day later than it actually was. Dr. Hernandez must have taken the plaster mould thingies for the mouth-guards direct to the lab and Sergio must have allowed me to jump the queue but I managed to get all the work done and catch the plane!!! I didn't deserve such good treatment since it was entirely my mistake but it would have been very expensive and difficult to change flights because they were reward miles flights.

Dr. Hernandez seems to have built up a very solid practice of North Americans - he speaks excellent English. I saw a few gringos in the waiting room on my visits and, on a humorous note, I met one North American lady there who said she had met his a member of his family on the train and s/he had recommended him to her. I believe she was very pleased with the treatment she received, too:-)

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been to Alberto Hernandez, dentist?

i went to Dr. Hernandez for a bridge this past June, & also ended up getting a cavity filled - i had posted about his work & how i even fell asleep a few times during the work he was doing!! Caught myself starting to snore - LOL! Now if that isn't a glowing recommendation i don't know what is!

vancouver
Level Contributor
390 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone been to Alberto Hernandez, dentist?

Lopo, my original post is a year old and I read your recommendation subsequently. So all is good. Thanks Helena.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone been to Alberto Hernandez, dentist?

Does anyone have any info on prices for implants?

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone been to Alberto Hernandez, dentist?

Hi, Bryce - I'm the poster troyellis was talking about. I live in White Rock, BC, too! Hi! Helena

Palouse, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone been to Alberto Hernandez, dentist?

I could not recommend Dr. Hernandez any higher. He is careful, thoughtful, professional and his new facilities are spotless. I have used his services from routine cleanings to dental implants and I will never go to anyone else again. Steve McGehee