We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams PV and VM, same quality?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams PV and VM, same quality?

Are the two Dreams resorts in the Puerto Vallarta area the same quality consistently? Is one resort newer than the other? We were going to book Dreams PV since the location is closer to the airport (and the actual city of PV LOL), but I was just wondering about about Dreams VM. Of course I've read tons of reviews about both reports on TA, just looking for some more opinions I suppose ;-) Basically why would one should Dreams PV over Dreams VM or vice versa?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams PV and VM, same quality?

Dreams VM is newer and all the rooms have balconies and some have Jacuzzis on them. At DPV, only a few have them in the original tower and they all have them in the new tower. The pools are much, much better at DVM as they are small at DPV. The beach is great at both, but different. At DVM you can walk for a long ways, all the way to Bucerias if you like and at DPV it is very nice, but in a small cove. It would take you about 5mins. to walk from one end to the other. Of course DPV is about a 10min. bus ride to town and DVM is about 45mins. I wouldn't say it's closer to drive to DPV from the airport since you're going through town. Probably about the same, but someone might know better. I didn't time it when we went by DPV last year as we stayed just up the road.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams PV and VM, same quality?

Thank you for your insight; that was just the sort of indepth info I was looking for! Based on your description it sounds like we'd want to spend the extra $200 (peanuts eh!) and stay at Dreams VM.

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
365 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams PV and VM, same quality?

We are booked for DVM in December. Have stayed at Dreams PV. From what I read, all rooms at DVM have jacuzzis on the balcony.

I will post my opinion and comparisons asap.

If you check out the post from seniorbobo, he is there now and giving great info. Here is a link.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154267-i323-k69146…

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
346 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams PV and VM, same quality?

Loving his play by play, thanks!

Gah my husband just informed me that he wants a resort with a swim up bar (every one we've gone to has one) and he wants to go to Dreams PV instead because of the swim up bar. Is he serious? I may punch him :P

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams PV and VM, same quality?

Well, remind him of what he is sitting in at the pool bar. Maybe that will help change his mind. :)

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams PV and VM, same quality?

The swim up bar at Dreams PV when I was there was packed...but as has been stated the pools are small. so thus ...............

My stay was not so great at Dreams PV but I might at some point try Dreams Villa Magna based on reviews...sorry I submitted my review quite some time ago , revised it and resubmitted twice and it is still not published, but if you go under my name bezerk and looks at my posts there is a review of Dreams PV..

Good luck..deciding..

Alberta
Level Contributor
325 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams PV and VM, same quality?

Please keep in mind at Dreams VM there not only is not a swim up bar, but you can't have drinks in pool at all. This is strictly enforced. There have been many upset people because of this.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,752 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams PV and VM, same quality?

All rooms at Dreams VM are junior suites with a jacuzzi on the deck. No swim up bar (but not a big fan of them) since people seem to sit there all day and never move. The no drinks in pool rule is hit and miss. Rowdy groups seem to attract the attention of security more than if you are just sitting on the shelf of the pool with your drink on the concrete. The service here is over the top special. As noted by someone earlier check out my running thread and you will see that I am a big fan. As someone noted, they are probably close to being equal distance from the airport but Dreams PV is closer to downtown.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams PV and VM, same quality?

senorbobo...I was thinking same, that the distance from airport would be about the same just in different directions but yes Dreams PV closer to PV proper and southside, if that is your thing.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams PV and VM, same quality?

I agree that because the main pool is small, it doesn't make a relaxing swim up bar like at resorts with nice big pools. It was crowded and this is also the pool the kids use, so they are up there as well.