We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Taste of Italy open?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
A Taste of Italy open?

Just read on this forum that Troy went back to the US? does anyone know if its for a vacation or is A Taste of Italy closed for good?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,950 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: A Taste of Italy open?

We have never seen it open past 10pm unless there are still people eating, but have eaten dinner there as late as 9pm.

A couple of nights ago they weren't open and they mentioned the electricity was not turned on yet. So perhaps that's amended and all is a go now. Welcome to low season. (-;

bright
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: A Taste of Italy open?

I know this place doesn't get mentioned much, but its one of our fav hangouts.

Darren does a super job running the place and making customers feel welcome.

The food is good and prices are excellent.

If you are looking for a great people watching spot, with $1 beers and margs, and some of the cheapest food outside of taco stands, Taste of Italy is it.

Chicken Parm sandwich 69 pesos and spinach dip 45 pesos, excellent value.

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: A Taste of Italy open?

I agree Kerry - we also quite enjoyed it last March. We will be staying at Plaza Mar condos from February 20th to the 27th, right across the park, so we will be nice and close this time, We also found it enjoyable talking with Darren. Spaguetti and meatballs was very tasty and $1 corona and marg! looking forward to it.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,874 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: A Taste of Italy open?

They also do food to go. A neighbor in the apartment building I was at in November would get their chicken parmesan to bring home for dinner later on. She said it was a very generous portion and reheated well, reasonably priced.

bright
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: A Taste of Italy open?

Sorry, I meant to say Roger, the main server, who is the super greeter and server.

26. Re: A Taste of Italy open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 12, 2015