We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DINNER!!! Where and why?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boulder
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Topic
DINNER!!! Where and why?

Looking for great spots for amazing dinners. Been to Le Cliff and loved it. Please fill in the blanks!

Oh, and We love most food and prices may vary!

Poker Pro and his wife would be INSANE if they didn't go to _________ because they have the most amazing __________!

Thanks everyone, you guys are amazing!

Anaheim Hills, CA
Level Contributor
494 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: DINNER!!! Where and why?

Trio for the one of the best filets I have ever had! Also, Tony's Please for the shrimp crepes-amazing!!!

Edited: 1:29 pm, October 18, 2013
Gresham, Oregon
Level Contributor
44 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: DINNER!!! Where and why?

Ah Carumba!!! A hilltop location in centro, kinda above the Pemex station is a family owned restaurant that we have been coming back to for most of the 19 years we have been traveling to Puerto Vallarta. Cab drivers know it (and some have a difficult time making it up the steep hill).We have watched, over the years, as the menu stayed about the same, and the building went through a dramatic change from the old days. Best spot for sunset, with great drinks and wonderful food. A young man, Jonathan, makes delicious Guacamole at your table. Wonderful soups, seafood, and steaks. a lot of people claim it's expensive, but the humongus servings even that out.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: DINNER!!! Where and why?

Poker Pro and his wife would be INSANE if they didn't go to Marico's Polo because they have the most unusual choices, amazing sauces and the wait staff is fantastic!

Another suggestions is No Way Jose.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
432 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: DINNER!!! Where and why?

I've been to a lot of the restaurants mentioned in this thread and they are all great suggestions. My biggest stress about a trip to PV is trying to decide on where to eat. So little time, and too many great places. I try to try a few new places each trip while working in my favorites. It's hard to recommend places without knowing what kind of food you like, and what's important to you, location, fancy or not, view, food......

This trip I'm going to try La Cigale, Coco's Kitchen, and Hacienda San Angel. I also plan to to visit my favorites, Archie's Wok, Barcelona Tapas, Trio, and still deciding on the rest!

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: DINNER!!! Where and why?

Vista Grill for amazing view and upscale dining actually reasonably priced for what you get.

Gaby's as mentioned for casual Mexican with the cool slide shows, but one correction everytime I'm there, there is sound in the background of the movies...Maybe they had an issue with their system that night.

Joe Jacks, awesome salads....great burger and very good whole snapper..very casual place..great staff.

Barcelona, upscale, but not over the top like Le Cliff...also reasonably priced with very consistantly good food..Tapas. Cash or Amex only

Gosh there's so many. I tried Cocos Kitchen once and I think I will try it again.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: DINNER!!! Where and why?

need4speednj- was the sound at least really soft when you were at Gaby's?

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: DINNER!!! Where and why?

Kansas, the sound is played in the restaurant while the slides are projected outside on the facade of the building. It's not loud or soft. It's somewhere in the middle and I've never found it to be bothersome. They've played old Mexican movies, played just advertisement type slide shows of Mexico and/or PV and sometimes performances, but there was always sound. It's a cool restaurant. I happen to like the food there a lot.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: DINNER!!! Where and why?

I like the food very much and it's reasonably priced. We sat on the top deck next to the rail and heard nothing, so maybe it could only be heard inside or wasn't on that night. In fact, it was a musical performance that they showed, so I'm surprised they didn't have sound on that one. Oh well!

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: DINNER!!! Where and why?

Yes, something must have been wrong or they forgot to put the music on. I've only sat on the balcony as well. What do you like to eat there? I like the cabo corrientes salad, shrimp dishes, dorado dishes and the Beef Tampiquena plate is excellent.

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: DINNER!!! Where and why?

For a real treat it's hard to beat Hacienda San Angel. Be sure to go durning the week.