We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Jungle" Restaurants

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Yucca Valley...
Level Contributor
154 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
"Jungle" Restaurants

i'm looking for a place outside of town for lunch & an afternoon in "the jungle". Can you help with some info on Chico's Paradise or other suggestions? how far out of town is this place? we will be taking a taxi. We will be in PV 9 days in Jan... looking to see a bit "off the beaten path".

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,212 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Jungle" Restaurants

It's been years since I've been to either but Chico's Paradise sits more out in the open on the river, not in the jungle. El Eden kind of fits what you describe but I don't know about food quality. But atmosphere is quite Tarzan :) suze

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,734 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Jungle" Restaurants

Tony's is Mismaloya village. Fabulous food upstairs in a huge Palapa.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,684 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "Jungle" Restaurants

Tony's La Choza in Mismaloya is open for lunch. It's pretty much a treehouse setting in the village of Mismaloya with a fresh menu (they bring out a platter of the day's catch and what meats are available - you choose from there and the cooking style).

El Rio BBQ is a newer spot up along the river in Paso Ancho. Perhaps not full "jungle", but you're still remote. Food is good.

London, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: "Jungle" Restaurants

Tony's Mismaloya gets another vote, tho not really 'in' the jungle, but beautiful views of it. Also, if ur up to a hike, bus to Boca south, hike path thru jungle to Ocean Grille restaurant. Then take boat back. A great day will be had!

Sumner, Washington
Level Contributor
990 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Jungle" Restaurants

I agree taking the bus south to Boca & enjoy the beach & one of the beach restaurants. While not Jungle is very tropical & makes for a very fun day. Tip.. where ever you go take some bug " spray" not needed every time but nice to have.

Yucca Valley...
Level Contributor
154 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Jungle" Restaurants

Thank you for your responses, Tony"s sounds great as does El Rio. We will be staying in the Hotel Zone, how long of a taxi ride do you suppose for each place?

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,734 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Jungle" Restaurants

Depending on where you are in the hotel zone....Tony's could be as long as 40 minutes and El Rio 25 minutes. It all depends on traffic and which end of the hotel zone you are in.

I have spent a lot of time in Yucca Valley. :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,684 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: "Jungle" Restaurants

Info on Tony's:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150793-c77089/Puerto…

El Rio website:

http://www.elriobbqbar.com/index_english.html

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,367 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Jungle" Restaurants

You have been given some good recommendations for dining in a more rustic setting.

The only places that have been mentioned that I would say are truly full jungle are El Eden....the most rustic and jungly of any and the dirt road off of the highway to get there winds through about 20 minutes of mountain and jungle...lots of jungle and vistas. Ocean Grill would be the next most jungly, and Chico's Paradise is a close second to full jungle because the river is amazing with huge boulders, and jungle all around.

The food at El Eden is good but it's expensive, so we only go to swim and snack or share a meal. Chico's Paradise is the farthest away and will take approximately 40 minutes from town. All of the restaurants mentioned in the thread so far have merit in one way or another.

Also check out Cuale Paradise which isn't far from El Rio. It's next to a river and the mountain/hillside is jungly, but again not full jungle but a nice setting.

Edited: 4:15 pm, September 24, 2013
Chicago
Level Contributor
341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: "Jungle" Restaurants

Would also add Moro Paraiso to the list. It's about a mile further up river from El Rio and has a nice rustic location on the river.

Edited: 4:20 pm, September 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta