We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

I just got back from a 6 day vacation from Puerto Vallarta and all I have to say to all the members of this forum is "THANK YOU". I did all my planning through trip advisor and perusing this forum and it paid off. From the airport, to which hotel, restaurants and tours to go, everything was a hit. No trial and error, everything was planned and we did not waste any time or money. Now it's time for me to give back to the community...

ATMs in the airport: I've read that there were ATMs in the airport but missed it when I arrived. Maybe because of the pressure of being in the shark tank made me miss it? It turns out that the ATMs are actually in the DEPARTURE area of the airport. Just before you exit the airport, turn right, walk about 150 feet and you'll find ATMs from Santander, HSBC, Bancomer, ScotiaBank, and Banorte.

I had a really good time in PV. Again, thank you for all the info...

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Yes! We had our first trip to Puerto Vallarta last year and this forum was so helpful. I'm not sure when we're heading back but I still check on here every few days. :)

Langley BC
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

who is the forum queen?

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,353 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Glad the forum helped you so much. Even after visiting for so many years, there are always new things to learn about visiting PV from other forum contributors.

The water isn't usually murky in Yelapa so it most definitely had to do with the rains. When the river is able to cut through the beach on the south end it can bring all the mud and dirt. It's a very common thing near river outlets. I'm curious if you got to the village of Yelapa and walked around?

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
992 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

This forum is awesome!!! We've learned so much from the people on here & have met a few in person, which have become our " winter friends". We check the forum often & enjoy hearing about new places to eat or thing s to do.

Sounds like you had a fun packed trip. As PV Kansas asked, did you walk around Yelapa or just hang out a the beach? We still haven't made it tot the "big" waterfall but have been to the small one a few times.

We had quite the experience during a rain storm coming back from Yelapa in a water taxi once! Yikes! 'Course by the time we got to Boca the rain stopped!

Can't wait 'til Jan to visit paradise again (for 3 mths! ) Come on winter!!

Hope you make it back again & enjoy even more food places & adventures! It's so much fun to walk around PV or hop on the buses to venture to towns outside PV as well.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Those photos are amazingly expensive! We took our daughter and 3 grandkids to do the dolphin encounter. You could buy a disc with photos on it, the didn't even offer printed copies. The price for one photo on the CD was $25 US. The clerk acted as if she was embarrassed to have to charge that much.

We opted for no photo.

16. Re: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 17, 2014