We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Miramar all-inclusive in Conchas Chinas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,041 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Miramar all-inclusive in Conchas Chinas

So this new property of only a few years looks nice but in a somewhat remote location, away from the beach but breathtaking views and upscale accommodations. Because of the location all-inclusive would be more than convenient here... but whats included with the all-inclusive? how many restaurants? any upcharges? I understand there is a shuttle to their beach club at the Blue Shrimp at Los Muertos... are food and drinks included or just transportation? There has also been ongoing construction over the years here and at a nearby property.... is it completed? Thanks!!

new york
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Miramar all-inclusive in Conchas Chinas

JNS,

I have a reservation for the Grand Miramar for 3 nights in November. I was able to book 2 nights room only and the 3rd night all inclusive. After that, I move on to Secrets.

As far as I know, the AI doesn't have any up charges. I think they have 2 restaurants. One real restaurant and it looks like they have a snack bar kind of thing. The shuttle bus is just that. A shuttle bus to the Blue Shrimp. Food and beverages are not included there. I am not sure about the construction but I guess I'll find out when I get there.

The property looks gorgeous, which is why I booked there. However, I was going through paperwork on Sunday and noticed that the Grand Miramar got my dates of stay wrong. Instead of my dates in November, they had me booked for October. My bad, though, for not noticing right away. However, my email to them stated my dates of stay and the manager that replied to my email repeated my dates of stay. I sent them an email informing them of the error and haven't heard from them yet. I've already paid for 50% of my stay, as per their guidelines. I'm surprised I got no response yet. I'll just have to wait a couple of more days and see.

If indeed I do stay there, I'll give a full report.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Miramar all-inclusive in Conchas Chinas

Will be interesting to see how efficiently this gets resolved.

Good luck, please keep us informed.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,041 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Miramar all-inclusive in Conchas Chinas

Thanks zebralb... from most of the reviews the sky bar on the roof of the property seems to be preferred for the views over the 'formal' restaurant dining space, but I haven't seen any reviews from people staying all-inclusive or anyone elaborating on the food. Earlier on they had a shuttle to the Presidente and you were able to use the beach, pool and chairs there; I like the change to the Blue Shrimp being closer to town if you want to walk or shop around but it does look like its a hike to get to any beach. We want to checkout the Grand Miramar and another hotel (the Best Western) in the area or someplace on the southside or intown before/after Sunset Plaza. Thanks again and keep me posted!

new york
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Miramar all-inclusive in Conchas Chinas

Will do. Will keep everyone posted. I plan to reforward my email to them this morning. I know my first email was opened by them as I received a "read" receipt from Outlook. Hopefully, I won't have any problems.

Batavia, Illinois
Level Contributor
186 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Miramar all-inclusive in Conchas Chinas

According to their website the all inclusive includes $30 credit at the beach club when you use the shuttle. It does not state if it is per person or room though. Looks like a beautiful property, they sure have been working on it a long time!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Miramar all-inclusive in Conchas Chinas

I would love to hear as well. One of our tour operators just started doing this property (Sunwing), so I would love some feedback. I will be seeing that rep this weekend, so I will ask if they have any more info and let you know.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Miramar all-inclusive in Conchas Chinas

The Blue Shrimp is probably the most expensive way to have a shrimp meal here. Many other places for half the amount.

new york
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Miramar all-inclusive in Conchas Chinas

The $30 credit for Blue Shrimp is probably per room. I just plan to take that shuttle into town to save on a few taxi fares. I'm not a big fan of the Blue Shrimp as its just too expensive for what it's worth.

Maried11: please let us know what you find out from your rep. I booked the Master Suite and would like to know just what's in this room. We don't get there until Nov 16 so if the room is not as advertised, I have time to change my reservation to either the Best Western or JNS' favorite place, The Sunset Plaza. Thanks.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Miramar all-inclusive in Conchas Chinas

I will see what info I can dig up and post on Sunday:)

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,041 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Miramar all-inclusive in Conchas Chinas

zebralb : booking.com show the best break down of all the room categories and pictures!

booking.com/hotel/mx/grand-miramar-club.en-u…