We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cuale paradise

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
280 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
cuale paradise

so my sister in law booked us a reservation for 8pm but was told by the hotel staff to be careful as it was not a safe area .. can anyone share some thoughts on that

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cuale paradise

That's rubbish, no problem in that area at all. I live just a bit downstream, whoever is telling you this, does not know what they are talking about.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cuale paradise

Escape the compound!

They're telling you stories.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cuale paradise

Agree with JR. We've been there many times for lunch and dinner. No problems.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,396 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cuale paradise

Good for you to double check! It's simply a Mexican neighborhood, not a heavy tourist zone and it is safe. I enjoy the area during the day. They don't have all the street lights that the tourist zones have so I would never recommend anybody walk anywhere after dark....where they aren't familiar. I assume you're taking a cab so I don't even see why they would tell you this in the first place. I'd sure be curious to know what hotel is discouraging you to go?

I would go before sundown so you can see everything around you....it's a pretty place and you'll enjoy going through the colonia. Cuale Paradise will look completely different after dark....so nice to see it before and after sundown. Show your sister the reviews and she'll see that plenty of people are going and enjoying themselves. Try their banana dacquiri!

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150793-d2…

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cuale paradise

I'm mobility challenged and can't run away from anyone, the area is plenty safe enough for my wife and I. With my bum leg we do take a taxi.

Go and enjoy.

Edited: 10:41 pm, August 12, 2013
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cuale paradise

Plenty of street lights out there !

california
Level Contributor
280 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cuale paradise

thank you for all of the responses.. i really appreciate it. looking forward to being in pv. the weather the people

the ambiance.. all of it. it is a un-characteristically cool august here in California so the heat will be a refreshing change of pace

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,396 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cuale paradise

Yes JR there are lights but there are dark spaces too, so it's all about women using common sense and it sounded like it was just the two women, but maybe not. It is nothing against the area.

Lisa it's lush around the river so take or use insect repellant, just in case.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,378 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cuale paradise

I agree with PVKansas. Having just been there last month for dinner, it definitely is not as well lit as other areas a tourist might find themselves in. I have been going there for years, probably since the year they opened, and have never felt it was a dangerous area. The only time it was dicey was when we deided to take Halloween to the kids in Paso Ancho and the teenagers got a little over zealous around the car.

10. Re: cuale paradise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 15, 2014