We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is a la carte at Velas Vallarta?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
How much is a la carte at Velas Vallarta?

Does anyone know how much are entrees/meals at the Velas Vallarta resort? We are considering renting a condo and not doing the All Inclusive since it is $90/per person, per day.

We probably won't be venturing off the resort too often.

Edited: 2:13 am, August 08, 2013
San Francisco
Level Contributor
135 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much is a la carte at Velas Vallarta?

staying at velas right now - seems that entrees are between 150 and 225 pesos on the menu. Divide by 12 for dollar rates. we have all inclusive (from timeshare) and it works out to about $75 per person for all drinks and food.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,331 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much is a la carte at Velas Vallarta?

If you wont be venturing off the resort (depending on how much you drink and eat) AI may be the best way to go.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much is a la carte at Velas Vallarta?

Not sure who you are booking with, but some companies have the AI much cheaper if you book it through them. I just pulled up the VV for early Dec. and it is $240/nt for two people, AI included. That makes the room only $60/nt if you were paying $90 each AI/day. Total is $1674 inc. all tax for 2 for 7 nights. (That is with Transat Holidays, hotel only) I don't know if that compares to what you're looking at.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much is a la carte at Velas Vallarta?

@dmlandis: Thank you for posting that!

@JNSgraphic: Yes, I was trying to determine if AI is the way to go, or if we should take our chances with a la carte. We aren't planning to drink and I'm not a big fan of buffets.

@maried11: Can you point me to the website where you found that? I couldn't find Velas Vallarta on this page: www.transatholidays.com/en/The-South/Mexico…

The rate I've been quoted with the resort is $264/pp All Inclusive.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,331 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much is a la carte at Velas Vallarta?

Also check their website http://www.velasvallarta.com/ the hotel is offering a special studio ai rate at $264

6. Re: How much is a la carte at Velas Vallarta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta