We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Topic
Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta?

Where is this place? What did it used to be, or what is it next to?

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,196 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta?

At first this blew my mind as there hasn't been one in PV. I googled and all the photos definitely looked like it was on the south coast between PV and Mismaloya, thought maybe I going crazy. Indeed it is on the south coast.....apparently the Intercontinental Presidente has been purchased or taken over promotionally by Best Western.

Check this with the photos and you can see it's the same place.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150793-d155710…

Hopefully the price is nice, I didn't check. But, would be nice to have another alternative on the south coast.

Just realized you are looking for your friends.....this might be great.

Edited: 9:16 pm, July 22, 2013
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta?

I thought it looked like the Intercontinental, or possibly the property next to it. The address they posted shows up way further north by Amapas, so I was very confused. Too far off the beaten track for these friends of mine, but I might just have to give it a try one day. Who wouldn't want to stay right on Playas Gemelas? The Intercontinental always seemed too sterile for my taste, but I'm a Best Western member...

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,196 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta?

We stayed in an Intercontinental on Cozumel and it was very nice and more like the old fashioned Mexican upscale hotels. This one isn't quite on that level....a little sterile but looks okay.

Anyway, the price is good for middle of the road travelers....under $100 a night including taxes so a good value for folks that want ocean front without paying a fortune and aren't picky. View will be tremendous and it's a great beach for people not wanting to be in one of the bigger resorts.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta?

I'm very excited about this since I have not had a good experience putting people in the IC, so haven't used it in a long time, but maybe with being a BW things will improve for the better. Most of the things were with management and policy, so not the resort, although I stopped in there to use the ATM in Jan. and it was totally dead and very blah looking.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta?

About time the area got a BW. Good news. Thanks for letting us know.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta?

Our good friends always stayed at the old Presidente. They were there in May when the ownership changed hands to Best Western. They talked with the new manager and he said they were going to hire more staff and expand the restaurant and bars. Said it sounded like they were going to make some very good changes. As they were checking out, the saw a whole truckload of new mattresses being delivered to the hotel. They are looking forward to the new changes. They have reservations for 3 weeks in Oct/Nov.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,353 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta?

The Puerto de Luna All Suites Resort in the Hotel Zone used to be a Best Western but, I´m 90% sure they are no longer affiliated with Best Western.

(It´s almost at the corner of where you turn down to Costco, sort´ve across from the Fiesta Americana, back from the street (not on the ocean side). Part of it is on the street where you go down to Costco (the one into Fluvial.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,434 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta?

Libby --- the one you mention, Puerto de Luna, next to the Marbella condos near Plaza Caracol) keeps showing up as being available through RCI (timeshare exchange service) so they have obviously converted into timeshares, for sale, as opposed to a hotel.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta?

I just booked the best western for a couple of different days in Dec' & Jan'. What great rates they have on line. Ocean view room, king bed, hot tub $55.08 ($65.55 with tax) a night. It also states its 100% smoke free. AAA members also get great rates. Quick question. Can I get a bus there from the romantic zone? Cheers

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Western Plus Suites Puerto Vallarta?

The Best Western has great low introductory promotional rates available online, including AAA, AARP, Military & Senior discounts; they also offer a special rate including the buffet breakfast daily and an affordable AI option.