We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lots of questions about Dreams Puerto Vallarta... thanks!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Huntington Beach...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Lots of questions about Dreams Puerto Vallarta... thanks!

Hi there,

So I've searched the forums and see conflicting answers on the premium liquors available at Dreams.

We're going in September, so excited! Got the preferred tower with Jacuzzi tub.

Wondering if they have Ketel, Grey Goose, Johnnie Walker (which colors??). Does anyone know for sure?

Also, how much does a standard massage run at the spa? I see no price list.

Are there still issues with pool chairs being scarce/unavailable?

One more question, how is the jungle trek? How long does it take? Do you walk there from the hotel or have to take a car? I want to do it, but it's only a 3 night trip, so I don't want to go if it takes a full day out of my vacation.

Kamloops
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Lots of questions about Dreams Puerto Vallarta... thanks!

Interesting about the chairs, I was there during spring break 2 years ago, at that time they really enforced the chair rule. If your bum wasn't in the chair for an hour your stuff was taken off the chair for someone else to use. We never had trouble finding a chair at the pools or beach.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,982 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lots of questions about Dreams Puerto Vallarta... thanks!

cancunkitty..enjoy enjoy..when are you going to Casa Velas? You will love it I am sure.

I am looking forward to being there myself..hope Dreams is good as it surely will be a comparison for me...

WE are going as a couple and celebrating our anniversary..will be at Dreams at that time so saving it for when we are at Casa Velas..or maybe two celebrations, yeah that will work..we surely have been thru thick and thin..

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lots of questions about Dreams Puerto Vallarta... thanks!

We will be at Dreams in early December. Paying a pretty penny to go preferred from Canada. I do not want to fight for chairs. Shall I change my venue now, while I have the chance? Too much $ for that kind of stress. I am taking this trip for stress relief!

groover beach cali
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Lots of questions about Dreams Puerto Vallarta... thanks!

Can't help about the premium liquors (about anything besides antifreeze that punches my clock) or the pool chairs since we always hang under the palapas at the beach, plenty of chairs to be had.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,982 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Lots of questions about Dreams Puerto Vallarta... thanks!

I agree judy..I am going to try it though as I have a week after at Casa Velas where I always have a lounger or many..none of that stressful game..time will tell..

Anaheim Hills, CA
Level Contributor
494 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Lots of questions about Dreams Puerto Vallarta... thanks!

Bezerk, not going to Casa Velas until May. There are a lot of nice things about Dreams that you will enjoy. The ambiance at both Oceana and the Seaside Grill are very nice in the evenings. Gilberto at the Seaside was our favorite waiter. He was so sweet and took special care of us for our anniversary. Definitely go and request him. Tell him Robert and Jennifer from California say hi. We were just there in May. And I think there is nothing wrong with two celebrations-we do it all the time!

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,982 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Lots of questions about Dreams Puerto Vallarta... thanks!

cancunkitty...that is okay I already have my plans for next May as well..I will mark down the waiters name and request him and also say hi from you guys. Two celebrations it is then :)

I am sure we will like Dreams, everywhere has good and not so good..or most places do..

18. Re: Lots of questions about Dreams Puerto Vallarta... thanks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 01, 2014