We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI Hotel for age 55 and age 21

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
AI Hotel for age 55 and age 21

Looking for an all-inclusive for two 21 year olds and two 55 year old women (we are not a couple, so don't want a "romantic/honeymoom" setting). Things we would like:

-nice large swimable beach with shade and lots of lounge chairs

-ocean view balcony

-lush, tropical property (not modern and stark)

-good food

-spa (or $20 massage ladies on the beach)

-some sort of shopping and night life for the 21 year olds

-sailing, kayaking, parasailing, etc. close by

-nice, but not the most expensive ($1200 range, 7 nts, with air from LAX)

Thanks for any help!

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI Hotel for age 55 and age 21

I believer Dreams PV would fit your needs. Great location on a semi private cove, tropical setting and only a 5 min. bus or taxi ride to town. Here is their web site: http://www.dreamsresorts.com/drepv/

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI Hotel for age 55 and age 21

When are you planning for your trip? I am assuming that you would want 2 rooms - one for the 21's and 1 for the 55's?? Might help in getting you more responses to your query -

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI Hotel for age 55 and age 21

I'd pick somewhere in town so people could go out on their own without a lot of hassle. Hotel Playa Los Arcos and the Buenaventura are the two All-Inclusives closest to the center.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI Hotel for age 55 and age 21

Maybe Villa Premier as it is adults only and quieter, but you can use the facilities at the Buenaventura if you want more of a party atmosphere than you would get at VP. AI and close to center as mentioned above.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,609 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI Hotel for age 55 and age 21

Depending on when your traveling... $1,200 pp AI including air your choice would be more in the range of Canto del Sol, Friendly, Villa del Palmar and possibly Golden Crown Paradise (adults only).

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI Hotel for age 55 and age 21

I think location depends mostly on what your 21 year olds like & want to do -

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI Hotel for age 55 and age 21

Just thinking when people of various ages and interests are traveling together, it's nice to be right in town so you can go out easily together... or separately. Just by walking out the door. suze

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AI Hotel for age 55 and age 21

That's true suze, but 21 year olds might want more of the atmosphere of a place that has activities right there on the spot - just saying - trying to think back to when i was 21! All i wanted was to make sure to come home with a great tan!! LOL

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AI Hotel for age 55 and age 21

Sure it depends on the people and their personalities, not only their age. I traveled the same at 21 as I do now. I would have never wanted to be stuck outside of town (even as far as Dreams is) or stayed at a resort wth "activities". My thought was more that people could more easily do things on their own, single, any two people, not all four being stuck at the same place all the time. They may not feel this way at all. Who knows?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AI Hotel for age 55 and age 21

Yea, Suze. Who knows? The OP is not giving any feed back!?