We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Proximity to Town

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels Proximity to Town

This is our first time in PV and we are looking at either the Dreams in PV or the Rui Palace. How far are those from town, we don't want to spend a fortune on cabs going to town.

Thanks

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
13,662 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotels Proximity to Town

I just actually noticed this....."We are a family of 5 with some late teen kids so we don't want it too laid back."

There is a lot to interest teens south of PV that is very Mexico, and not things they can do at home. Swimming from a rope at El Eden into the river and it's an interesting ride up the mountain on a dirt road to get there. Water taxi to Yelapa and swimming in the waterfall not to mention the village is very unique. The Vallarta Zoo where they can feed ALL the animals except the big cats....but you can be 4 inches from their face behind their fence because they often sit near the fence. If there are baby tigers and lions they can hold them....for a fee, plus monkeys. And there is great Ziplining south of town. Horseback riding in the jungle.

Teens will also enjoy the street performers, the balanced stacks of rocks and the sand creations on the Malecon, not to mention some of the food. You can also go into the clubs with them...or not lol. We did that with our late teens, then later they were allowed to go with the big brother.

Edited: 8:33 pm, May 18, 2013
Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
13,662 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotels Proximity to Town

wait....I mean we let them go a couple years later with the big brother who was then old enough in our view...and sensible.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,536 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotels Proximity to Town

plim---depending on what you want---i would look into playa los arcos first/ followed by buenaventura. pla is on los muertos beach which i love---if you decide you can go non ai there as well as buenaventura which is also close to town.

myself---my opinion-----if you re interested in exploring pv, spending time on the malecon or downtown---i would avoid nuevo.

my first trip to pv--i almost stayed in nuevo but i wanted to be within walking distance to town and as i researched---i found that nuevo did not fit the bill for me. i love pv and nuevo is not pv and i would not be happy in nuevo---just my opinion

Seattle
Level Contributor
39,071 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotels Proximity to Town

It just depends what kind of experience you're after. If you want to spend a lot of time exploring Puerto Vallarta, and for family members to be able to go off on their own, then stay downtown. If you just want a nice resort property to relax, then Nuevo might work for you.

15. Re: Hotels Proximity to Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 21, 2014