We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shoe question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oregon
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Shoe question

Would I be crazy to bring a pair of sandals with heels to wear to a special dinner at Hacienda San Angel? We will be taking a taxi there and back.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shoe question

I have both kitten heel sandals and wedge sandals with me. If you're taking a taxi, wear whatever you'd like. I'm too much of a klutz to wear heels.

Edited: 11:49 pm, April 29, 2013
United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
9,810 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shoe question

I say wear what you feel most comfortable in. That is a casual restaurant but you can dress up as well. Be careful getting out of the taxi and walking up the little skinny 3-4 steps from the street up to the Hacienda. Don't wanna twist an ankle! You will love it there!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,978 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shoe question

It's more dangerous on cobblestones so if you're taking a taxi you should be okay. Just really watch your step on stones and uneven sidewalks. Saw plenty of crutches and bandaged ankles on my fall trip.

I gave up my kitten heels on vacation a few years ago...wasn't worth the pain. (-;

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shoe question

Altho I must confess, as a guy, it"s awesome watching the local young ladies walking on cobblestones with spike heels. . . .

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,782 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shoe question

There are 3 reasons I wouldn't do it....

1. Truth be told...I drink more in PV lol.

2. I don't pack anything I'll only wear once.

3. I like to go for a walk right after dinner.

But, since it's a special evening I don't think you're crazy at all. :-)

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
9,810 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shoe question

Kansas,

Love your 3 reasons! Hey, just thought of something .... She could pack tennis shoes and slip them on right after dinner and stroll down the street to the Malecon. That would be so cool. That's what we always do after a HSA dinner. And her feet would be safe and sound!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,978 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shoe question

Tennis shoes aren't necessary, when they make such pretty, dressy, flip flops. (-;

Remind me to send you a photo of my PV shoe collection sometime, Kansas. LOL

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shoe question

Think I might skip the heels and wear my flat sandals because of Kansas's reasons #1 and #2.

;-)

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
191 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shoe question

I sometimes wear my flip flops to the restaurant and carry my heels in my oversized purse. This works great for afterwards also. Never know where you may end up after dinner.

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,200 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shoe question

#2 reason gets my vote. i definitely would not bother packing heels for one dinner out. suze

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta