We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Difference?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Big Difference?

Want to make a trip to Dreams PV in 2014. Is it a deal breaker not to stay in preferred? Want to stay 2 weeks. Should we bite the bullet? Don't mind as long as I am blown away ! :)

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Big Difference?

I think availability will really make a difference on how much to upgrade. It has for me in the past. so while some were able to do it before and some there for better amounts, it will vary. If you can get a great discounted rate before and you're happy with it, you should take it, because you never know, it could go up or the preferred rooms could sell out. You can also keep watching availability on different sites.

JMO.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Big Difference?

Yes very true, we locked in a room at CI months early because we wanted a specific room, and we also locked in a balcony in the Dreams tower because there are a limited number. These both appear to be very popular places and can book up quickly...

Tsawwassen, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Big Difference?

Judy,

When I stayed at Dreams a couple years back we spent the first week in the regular tower and didn't really like it. The second week we decided to upgrade to the preferred and we were so happy that we did. I know that a lot of people say that the room shouldn't matter because you arent there that much but to my husband and I it does matter and in the case of Dreams, the preferred tower made our holiday much more special to us. If you are looking to be blown away or if the room matters to you at all you should bite the bullet and stay in the preferred. You will not regret it :)

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Big Difference?

Just a note on the regular tower that the rooms have all been fully renovated. I saw all categories in both towers in Jan. on a tour and they were great. I am partial to a balcony though, so would have to be able to get one with a balcony, but other than that, they are wonderful now. They are newer and shinier than the preferred tower actually.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Big Difference?

Thanks folks, going to book older tower with balcony.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,468 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Big Difference?

I think you have made a good choice....our first stay there was older tower upper floor balcony.....we were offered the chance to upgrade to the other tower for $700 that is the price of another flight down so we declined.

We saw the PT and honestly thought our view was nicer in the OT.

Enjoy Dreams PV is a great resort :)

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Big Difference?

The upgrade offered us via e-mail 1 week before we leave is an extra $60/night for an upgrade to the preferred tower, floors 1 - 5 with no jacuzzi, and $100/night for an upgrade to floors 6 and higher with a jacuzzi. Our friends took the $100 option, we're sticking with the balcony in the Dreams tower and we'll let you know!

Anaheim Hills, CA
Level Contributor
494 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Big Difference?

I also just received an email about upgrading (we are booked in a deluxe king in the Dreams tower) mid May for 10 nights and I was quoted $105 for room with out jacuzzi and $185 for room with jacuzzi per night!!! Interesting to see the discrepancies in prices. I think I will wait until we get there and see how much a balcony is in the Dreams tower.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Big Difference?

Thanks folks, I change my mind daily!

Looking forward to hear what you have to say.

Jude

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,468 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Big Difference?

The Balcony rooms are so nice in the Dreams tower...if the food and service were different in the PT then I might consider upgrading or if you could get into more ala cartes like other resorts, but at Dreams you can get as many ala cartes as you want with no reservations, no matter what tower you are in.

We actually were upgraded to preferred status at Dreams VM, for free, and it was not worth the extra cost >;D

I would spend the extra money for a balcony in the Dreams tower but upgrading to the preferred tower...everyone is different but even an extra $500, for us anyhow, is the price of the next flight down to PV.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta