We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise on Los Arcos Properties

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Advise on Los Arcos Properties

I'm thinking about booking one of the Los Arcos properties for my trip next January and thought the earlier the better to get the best available room. I am familiar with the location of Playa Los Arcos. Where is Los Arcos suites situated? Also, any suggestions, ideas on which of the three would be better for a sola female traveller. I am planning for a 1 month stay this time. :) Also, a balcony is a must! Thanks for any suggestions.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,446 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Advise on Los Arcos Properties

We have stayed at both Plaza Mar and Vista del Sol both are about a 4-5 min walk north from PLA

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,199 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Advise on Los Arcos Properties

Of the three Los Arcos properties I would most definitely pick Casa Dona Susana (female and usually solo). But for such a nice long stay of one month, I'd probably rent an apartment instead of any hotel room myself.

suze

Keswick, Canada
Level Contributor
834 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Advise on Los Arcos Properties

Hi 777Deana, I prefer that side of the hotel so I don't smell the smoke from the grill by the bridge on the south side, also there is way too much furniture in those rooms so I ask to have a bed removed for more floor space! As for noise I find it very quiet most evenings unless a celebration was going on and then you usually have a front row seat!

Oregon
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Advise on Los Arcos Properties

Wow that's interesting Cath. Never ever thought of removing a bed. Nice. Oh, and I never have smelled the smoke from the other side (the side I like). Lucky me, I guess. I do know that 201, 202, 203, and 204 don't have kitchenettes. There are kitchenettes on the 300 floor tho (at least that's what Marguerite said.....).

Keswick, Canada
Level Contributor
834 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Advise on Los Arcos Properties

I stayed in 302 and no kitchenette 2 trips past! I ended up quite ill most of the month with a massive sinus infection and the grilling from below was beyond tolerable! My own fault as I wanted to wait till I got home to seek medical treatment and I paid for it big time!

Oregon
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Advise on Los Arcos Properties

Cath,

Where is the grill that is below 302? There is a flat big terrace down there for the 100's to use to lay in the sun. There is no cooking done on that terrace. So Im trying to figure out where the smoke you talk about is coming from? Can't be the restaurant because that is across the way and they don't cook in front of people. Yes 202 and 302 do not have kitchenettes....correct

27. Re: Advise on Los Arcos Properties

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 02, 2014