We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets - Food at Pool

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets - Food at Pool

Hi All,

Just scored an awesome deal for 3 nights at Secrets at the end of May. Although I've been to Now Amber last year, I'm super excited to stay on the Secrets side.

My question is this: Does the Secrets side cook food on the beach or pool side at lunch time the way the Now Amber does? Also, what about the sushi that floats in the pool? Does Secrets do that? Is it everyday or only on certain days?

Thanks, everyone.

oshkosh,wisconsin
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets - Food at Pool

they had food by the pool-it was pizza,burger,hotdogs,fish & nochos & salsa-did not see any suchi there

new york
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets - Food at Pool

Thanks, Markjohn.

I wonder why they do it on the Now side and not at Secrets?

As far as sushi in the pool, I saw some pics of it. I guess they stopped it.

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets - Food at Pool

zbralb, I just returned from Secrets Vallarta 2 days ago. They did the Sushi in the pool once that I saw, and we sat right next to the pool bar, where they served it on a floatie. We couldn't figure out what they were doing!!! lol .As mentioned above, there is a snack bar by the pool that serves hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries and some other stuff. We thought the food was excellent at the Secrets.

new york
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets - Food at Pool

Thanks, Debadeb.

Do you remember approximately what time it was that the sushi came out? It's not so much that I want to eat some but I'd like to take a picture of it.

When I stayed on the Now side last year, I ate a couple of things at the snack bar. I couldn't finish my burger as it tasted like it was made with both pork and beef and I'm not fond of that kind of burger. I might try the snack bar at Secrets to see if the burgers are the same.

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets - Food at Pool

I believe they served the sushi around 2 pm , maybe a little bit later. I had one burger at the snack bar. I liked it and don't believe there was any pork in it, but, I am not a foodie, so not sure.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets - Food at Pool

Sushi pool floaties??? I love it : )

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,949 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets - Food at Pool

Conner - you guys could float nachos in a pool of beer. The idea is interchangeable! (-;

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets - Food at Pool

PVJennybean ... you may be on to something!

9. Re: Secrets - Food at Pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta