We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviving the Has Anyone used Mexvax Vacations?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
new york
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Reviving the Has Anyone used Mexvax Vacations?

Does anyone have any recent experiences using Mexvax? I know there was a thread a few months ago but it didn't really provide much info.

I'm looking at prices for Secrets and Dreams PV and Mexvax really does have some terrific prices by far.

Hoping someone will report back with their experience.

Thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviving the Has Anyone used Mexvax Vacations?

Here is a thread that I put my experience in. Nothing has changed my opinion, except maybe I have gotten more suspicious because of all the single posts talking them up. YMMV. If you use the search at the top, you will find more.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150773-i83-k57524…

new york
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviving the Has Anyone used Mexvax Vacations?

Thanks, Tatterdema,

I guess I was hoping beyond hope that someone, anyone had a good experience with them.

Just goes to show you can't get something for nothing.

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviving the Has Anyone used Mexvax Vacations?

It looks like Loverofpv had a good experience, and she is a DE on this forum....

I know from my own experience I wont be using them again, and I use a lot of different agencies.

Edited: 8:36 am, April 14, 2013
El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviving the Has Anyone used Mexvax Vacations?

I have booked with them several times and everything was ok.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,060 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviving the Has Anyone used Mexvax Vacations?

JD077...your entire 6 posts here on Trip Advisor have been scattered about Mexico...all raving about this company. Seems very fishy to me. You have no other posts...just about this company.

I have been suspicious of this company for a long time...and still am......would certainly never give them my credit card/info...

Chihuahua, Mexico
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviving the Has Anyone used Mexvax Vacations?

Just a customer. Think what you want. It´s your choice. I am just sharing my good experience with Mexvax.

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviving the Has Anyone used Mexvax Vacations?

In my opinion TravelJudy and Tatterdena work for Mexvax competitors and their job is to disqualify all other companies. Just have to say that everything was ok in my experience with Mexvax, like any other major travel agency.

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviving the Has Anyone used Mexvax Vacations?

Ahahahahaha. Is all I can say JD077. I did not call your integrity into question, so I am not sure why you are questioning me, but at least get my name right.....

Houston, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviving the Has Anyone used Mexvax Vacations?

Hello,

I booked with Mexvax about a week ago, reading all these commnts I was worried. Just hung up wih the hotel and they have confirmed my stay.

I am new at posting too, but if there is a way I can post pictures on my reservation/purchase with mexvax, then the pictures next month at the hotel. I think they jsut get better rates, or dont rip people off like these other travel agencies.

As an example, you go throguh the major ones, exp, kayak, Onetravel, etc get an idea of the flights, then go to the airline site and you can purchase them cheaper. I once booked with Cheapoair, bought insurance bc the lady on the phone said i could change the ticket to any date I wanted to, well when I did I had to pay 150 bucks more.

Mexvax was strange bc i never heard of them before, but i guess they are cheaper bc they dont have much overhead or expensive comercials.

Word of advise, book with a CC, wait a couple of days, call the hotel and confirm, and if its BS, cancel the transaction with the CC. and u didnt loose anything.

At the end of the day even the big travel agencies will try to get you one way or another, there is not any difference, my experience with cheapoair. (when i called to complaint they wanted to give me 200 credit with american airlines, the worst airline in my opinion) I work on boats and travel a lot, i have used many different airlines. anyways, as far as mexvax, if you dont want to trust them, go get ripped off by the big ones, I believe they deserve an oportunity. still in doubt, book and confirm with the hotel, not the agency.

Alpharetta
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reviving the Has Anyone used Mexvax Vacations?

I used Mexvax this past April and am booking with them again tonight. I am a native Georgian and can tell you am skeptical about everything out of the US. Everything through them was seamless. I did have to call them bc my CZc would not work on their website. I got nervous giving my credit card over the phone but then called the resort. All was good and the guy on the phone was so helpful.

tripadvisor sponsors them so I put my trust. Just my 2 cents but I promise it was scary the first time thinking it could not be this good but it really is. Good luck. I will continue to use them as they have been nothing but great.