We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PV in June

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
PV in June

Going to PV, Mexico for the first time in June 2013. What is PV like this time of year, and is it low or high tourist season?

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
294 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PV in June

We go every year in June. I guess that you would call it "shoulder season". High season ends in April and low season begins in Aug/Sept (I think). Everything is pretty much open, but there are few crowds. Never need a reservation at a restaurant. June is before the rainy season begins. We usually travel in the first half of June and some years encounter almost no rain. Later in June, you might encounter brief showers. I have not found early June to be too hot or muggy (personal opinion).

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PV in June

My experience has been in early June great weather, not so humid with little to no rain. Late June i found it to be quite rainy and humid with lots of big flying bugs, no seeums on the beach and an abundance of mosquitoes. I only have been once in late June so I am just speaking from my experience. Others with more travel to PV at that time may have a different opinion.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,961 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PV in June

June is considered off/low season. I've been down 3 times in the first two weeks of June. One time was really rainy, the others were not. It's a popular time with Mexican tourists more than US/Canadians.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,441 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PV in June

I have been in June so many times I have lost count. I don't find that it is that rainy, Sept is the rainiest/slowest month. Even with the rain, unless there is a tropical storm offshore, it typically rains in late afternoon and can last a few minutes/hours or all night. The rain is a break from the heat and humidity and you get the most awesome lightening shows over the bay. Slow/low season is typically from June through Mid-Oct. I think you will find the weather much like Chicago in the summer time, hot and humid. The ocean is warm, the rain is warm, everything is turning green with the first rains of the season.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,622 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PV in June

We usually went the first half of June, and I agree the temps and humidity will be much like Chicago is, and I'll add.... during the month of July. It was hot but we managed to do a lot of things and we had young children with us too.....we were hot doing them...but we still did them so it wasn't unbearable every minute. We prayed for rain when we saw clouds over the mountains to the south....it was always a nice break.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,065 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PV in June

we have been going to pv every june since 2006. we will be there from the 8th-22. we love june because it is quiet. it is low season. the weather is hot and humid. lots of sun and some cool light shows at night above the ocean at night.(lightning)

a few of the restaurants are closed but still oh so many to choose from.

hubby and i love to beachhop---catch the buses and go.

when are you going and where are you staying? maybe hit a meet and greet. always nice to put a face to a name. whatever you do you will have a blast.

Sapulpa, Oklahoma
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: PV in June

I have been checking weather.com over and over and all I see are storms! So glad I read this... It really puts my mind at ease. We are going June 5-11th and hoping for little rain!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PV in June

Weather forecast are extremely unreliable for Puerto Vallarta.

Delta, B.C.
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PV in June

JR - your last post...Weather forecast are extremely unreliable for Puerto Vallarta...has calmed me down. Wanted to thank you for that. We normally travel to PV in April and May. This year we are arriving on June 1st and the forecast on the weather network for next week was stressing me out!

On a side note....I had hoped to stop in at the meet and greet on Tuesday but not sure I can swing it. My reason for going to the meet and greet was to shake your hand, give you a big hug and thank you for all your input on this forum. I have been travelling to PV for 20 years now and this forum (in the last few years) has been an amazing source of great information for me. It wouldn't be the same with out you. So thank you again JR - your rock!

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,961 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PV in June

My best advice is don't even look at weather forecasts before your trip. I never do. Won't change anything and they are rarely correct, or at least don't give the whole picture. It would be highly unusual to have rain all day every day, that's just not gonna happen. - suze

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta