We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding out my resort on A 6 apple square deal for Saturday

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pontiac, Illinois
Level Contributor
238 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Finding out my resort on A 6 apple square deal for Saturday

Is there anyway to find out the resort we will be assigned to before we arrive at the airport on Saturday?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,715 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding out my resort on A 6 apple square deal for Saturday

The 6 apple resorts are the 2 Dreams properties and Secrets. Might also be Now Amber. All four of these and Apple are part of the AM Resorts corporation.

All are excellent so you really can't lose.

Edited: 7:47 pm, April 10, 2013
Pontiac, Illinois
Level Contributor
238 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding out my resort on A 6 apple square deal for Saturday

Yeah I know what the options are. I would just like to find out where we will be placed before hand. Hope it's not villamegna because I don't think they have a pool bar and I love the pool bar. But I am sure they have a great wait staff at the pool

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,715 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finding out my resort on A 6 apple square deal for Saturday

Correct Villa Magna does not have a pool bar but they have 3 large pools and a great wait staff around the pools and beach led by Julio and Francisco.

It is my understanding that the deal varies from day to day (depending on which hotel has the most vacancies) and you will not be informed until you check in at the airport.

Edited: 9:57 am, April 11, 2013
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finding out my resort on A 6 apple square deal for Saturday

Ya ever wonder what those folks sitting at the pool bar all day every day do when they need to get rid of some of that liquid they have been filling their bodies with for hours?

I have watched & seldom see anyone get out of the pool & head to the restroom, just sayin.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,226 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Finding out my resort on A 6 apple square deal for Saturday

"Mom, why is this end of the pool near the bar so warm?" :-O

Quote:

"Yeah I know what the options are. I would just like to find out where we will be placed before hand."

Isn't the whole premise of the Square Deal that you're giving the power of determining where you stay to the agency? It's probably easier to get a say in where you stay by not booking these kinds of deals, otherwise the control isn't yours, right? (-;

That's the deal you agree to for the "deal".

Pontiac, Illinois
Level Contributor
238 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finding out my resort on A 6 apple square deal for Saturday

No need to get smart it was a simple question.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,226 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Finding out my resort on A 6 apple square deal for Saturday

But it's really not a simple question to ask total strangers, was my point. We can only tell you which hotels fall into the 6 Apple deals, which we did.

It's probably better to speak to Apple directly if you want a say in where you will be staying. They're the only ones that might actually know.

Edited: 1:30 pm, April 11, 2013
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,836 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Finding out my resort on A 6 apple square deal for Saturday

And they will not tell you...that is why you saved money booking the deal. Even as an Apple agent...we are not privy to that info in advance.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,226 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Finding out my resort on A 6 apple square deal for Saturday

That's kind of what I thought...you trade the ability to have that "say" in where you're staying, to get the cheaper deal. Some people are okay with doing that to save money and that's fine. But I always say if you want that control, don't book these deals as you are agreeing to hand that control over to someone else.

Aint no such thing as a free lunch! (-;

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
250 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Finding out my resort on A 6 apple square deal for Saturday

Both times I booked the 6 golden apple square deal I ended up at Dreams Villamagna. I absolutely love it there. You will not want for anything with the phenomenal service Julio and Francisco give if you wind up staying there