We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla ( Nuevallarta )

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Topic
Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla ( Nuevallarta )

My husband and I have a choice between Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla, pricing is the same on both, which one should we choose and why ?

A quick response would be much appreciated .Thanks

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla ( Nuevallarta )

I personally wold chose Dreams Vallarta. Great location, beach and only a 5 min. bus or taxi ride to town where all the action is. There is so much to see and do around the town itself. Dream Magnavilla is at least a 45 min ride to town. Unless you have no reason to leave the resort and see what PV has to offer then it dosen't really matter. Being in town you have so many places close around to encounter & enjoy.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,232 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla ( Nuevallarta )

Dreams Vallarta would be my choice based on the hotel layout and amenities. Dreams VM is a property that is shared with a condo unit and just doesn't have the resort feel - lobby is almost non-existent the coffee shop is pretty much on the road, etc. Dreams Vallarta is also closer to PV itself, therefore the location is better. Dreams VM has a nice long beach, so if long beach walks are important, then consider it.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla ( Nuevallarta )

Dreams PV is in a very nice location 5 mins. south of town in the jungle/mountains for the background and a small nice beach. It was very nice and all their rooms in the original tower have been renovated. However, not many of them have balconies, so if that is important to you, ensure you get one with a balcony or go to the preferred tower as they all have balconies. Their pool is also quite small and the other two quite pools are very small. Depends if you spend alot of time there.

Dreams VM is in nuevo and has wonderful long walking beaches. They have a way better pool situation there. All the rooms have balconies. I would stay at either, but if the pool and long walking beaches were important, I would stay at DVM. It is in nuevo, so about 40mins. by bus to town. Very cheap and easy and we did it all the time with no problems. We didnt' take cabs as they can add up.

Enjoy whichever you choose:)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,470 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla ( Nuevallarta )

My friend quincytoo has actually stayed at both with her spouse, and they prefer Dreams PV. On top of amenities, they said the food is much better.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,841 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla ( Nuevallarta )

married - I've been wondering for awhile now what you mean by a "quite small pool" and a "very small pool". Seriously, everytime you say that I'm picturing a back yard pool lol.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla ( Nuevallarta )

The pool is small compared to pools at other resorts. The one quiet one and the adult only one (noone there as it's in shade and it was very cool) are small square pools (like backyard pools). The main pool is very small for a main pool by any resort standards and is very crowded when there is even a small group there. This is what we witnessed and from the pics you can tell. I was very surprised how small it was as i've seen many in many other resorts. With kids and the few lay down floaties they have, we were very crowded. The pool bar is also in that one and the area for kids to play from the kids club when they come and the small pool polo area or water volleyball. Certainly not big enough IMO.

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,074 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla ( Nuevallarta )

I have never stayed at either. To me the biggest difference is that their locations are completely different. Dreams PV only a short bus/taxi ride south of downtown Puerto Vallarta. The other one way out in Nuevo Vallarta (the newer development resort zone).

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla ( Nuevallarta )

The main pool is small. 30 people in there and it looks like a sardine tin. We always used either the ocean or the adult pool, which was only in shade for part of the day.

There is another pool up by the old tower.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,841 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla ( Nuevallarta )

Oh I see, sounds more like it used to be when they didn't usually build grand size pools. Looks like plenty of quiet and palapas on the beach, which is where you would find me. :-)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dream Vallarta versus Dream Magnavilla ( Nuevallarta )

The shade position will change with the time of year, it changes as our position with the sun changes.