We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PACKED! And a big thanks...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Topic
PACKED! And a big thanks...

I am so ready for it to be tomorrow! Our flight leaves at the very reasonable 9:30 and we should be at our resort poolside before 2pm. More than ready to visit again after 24 years! My DH argues that it is actually 26 years, but at this point it is just splitting hairs...it has been a long long time.

Thank you all for allowing me to join in your PV family here on TA. It is been MOST informative and I really feel like I could not be better prepared. I have six pages of typed notes! Not only are you generous, so many of you have been kind and supportive as well.

I look forward to checking in and doing my post trip reports.

Thank you again.

J.

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PACKED! And a big thanks...

Can't wait to hear what you think after all these years! You do know that those of us at home live vicariously through you lucky ones? :-)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PACKED! And a big thanks...

Yeah...can not wait to read your review!!!!! Enjoy!

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,334 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PACKED! And a big thanks...

jrud--have a blast and don't forget to let us know what, where, ya eat and what you do!!! looking forward to your reports

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PACKED! And a big thanks...

I hope you don't go into shock, I've watched it change gradually :)

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PACKED! And a big thanks...

Have a great time, it's hard not to. Let us know all about it.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,515 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PACKED! And a big thanks...

Jrud be ready for change.Where did you stay before?

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: PACKED! And a big thanks...

yaz, I am ready to be very sad...our last stays in PV were at the much beloved Molina del Agua. The first time we went, we stayed at the Buenaventura. That is when we discovered M de A. It was love at first sight. I am mentally preparing myself for it being replaced by a behemoth, but I doubt I will be.

I am going to see if I can dig up some old photos...I will post them if I do.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,807 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PACKED! And a big thanks...

We also stayed at the Molino de Agua during our first visit to PV. It was in 1987, so perhaps we saw you at one of the pools or in one of the hotel's restaurants. LOL! After that, we returned to PV every year. Love it more and more.

Edited: 11:46 pm, March 27, 2013
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,308 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PACKED! And a big thanks...

Have a great time and would LOVE (love, love) the old photos. I can't find mine, from the first time I went 30 years ago.

I once had a "lapse" in visiting PV for 7 years (from 2000 to 2007) and there was much unrecognizable. So, put on your track shoes (to wander/walk/ride everywhere) and enjoy the experience.

In addition to what you've picked up here, one thing I always do on my first couple of days (I stay for a month a couple times a year) is pick up the Bay Vallarta, PV Mirror and Tribune (the English papers), to see what's going on in town. You can do that at the Tourist Office at the Main Plaza near the church. It helps me get my bearings and find out what's going on in town while I'm there.

Have a blast!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: PACKED! And a big thanks...

Thank you for the tip: I will pick those up!